Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get the pewter colored (can't remember the name of the color, it's late); V6, 5 spd. tanny, sunroof, Bose system and possibly leather. Anyone buy a car with similar features and want to share how much they paid for it? I know that the mazda site will give you a price but you can usually beat that price, just wondering how much dealerships will drop to make a sale. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: Pricing?

There has been a lot of discussion about this topic already. So I am going to move this to the pricing section of the forum. I will however leave this topic going should anyone want to add any pricing input. But please check out the other posts under the Release/Pricing section for future reference!

Here is a couple links in case you cannot find it!

http://www.goonish.com/atenza/read.php?TID=1558
http://www.goonish.com/atenza/read.php?TID=1591

·
Registered
67 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Pricing?'

Originally posted by labster

I'm looking to get the pewter colored (can't remember the name of the color, it's late); V6, 5 spd. tanny, sunroof, Bose system and possibly leather.  Anyone buy a car with similar features and want to share how much they paid for it?  I know that the mazda site will give you a price but you can usually beat that price, just wondering how much dealerships will drop to make a sale.  Thanks for any help.[/b]
I'm getting a similarly-configured car ordered for me by a dealer in the Los Angeles area: V-6, 5-speed manual, Bose and sport packages, cassette player, auto-dimming mirror w/ compass, steel gray metallic color (I think that's the one you're talking about, too). The moonroof is only available with the leather package, so if you get one, you gotta get the other, too. Unless you go out and have an aftermarket roof put in, of course. :)

My price with the above configuration was quoted to me at $22,390 (that's through their fleet department). $24,480 out the door after taxes, etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I was shopping around the Alabama area for a Mazda6 S with a stick shift. I ended up having to order it from the factory on Dec 19 from Jack Ingram in Montgomery AL. I ordered a Steel Gray Metalic (no sport package, no leather, no comfort package) V6 5spd stick, CD changer and wheel locks. The MSRP including destination fee for this configuration was $22,150. I said $21000 and they said, OKAY! After taxes, title fees and some misc fees, I walked out of the dealer yesterday (25 Feb) with my car for $21,870.90. The invoice for my car was quoted at $20,430. I probably could have squeezed a couple of hundred from the price but I thought I was getting an acceptable deal. The sales staff there is helpful and knowledgable, and not pushy. They followed up promptly from an email query. I did most of the negotiations via email. Brett Snell, my saleman, worked hard to get me my price. They weren't to happy about discounting from MSRP. Overall a pleasant shopping experience.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by labster

I'm looking to get the pewter colored (can't remember the name of the color, it's late); V6, 5 spd. tanny, sunroof, Bose system and possibly leather.  Anyone buy a car with similar features and want to share how much they paid for it?  I know that the mazda site will give you a price but you can usually beat that price, just wondering how much dealerships will drop to make a sale.  Thanks for any help.[/b]
I have a V6, 5-spd manual on the way with sport package, moonroof, bose, leather, comfort. I got a price of about $24,200 which works out to be a little over $1100 below MSRP. Not bad for stingy MD dealerships, especially since the demand far exceeds the supply for the V6/manual/sport combination. The only reason they gave me that break was because this will be the 5th car they've sold to my family in the last 10 years. I could have saved $900 more somewhere else but would have to wait until July instead of getting it in March.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: Pricing?

Russel Mazda in Ellicott City (off Rte 40 near the Baltimore beltway) because of family ties. I had a buying certificate to Brown's Fairfax for a couple hundred over invoice but I couldn't wait until June/July. :D It should be here in 2-3 weeks.

How did Rosenthal do for you on the price?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts