Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. so here is the deal, I'm interested in getting the 07 speed6... so the price is at 38k right? dealer here says he will throw in the nose mask(for highway trips), the mats, the dimming mirror, and the alarm shock sensor for me for free.. all i have to pay for is the block heater (gets to -40 here..) so thats about another 200-300ish he says... so i think it makes it up to 39k... ok now i'm trading in a 06 civic... on the books he showed me its at 19.7k at Very clean condition... and hes giving me 21.5k for the car... now... i talked to another dealership about another car before.. when i had the car for a very short time... and they only gave me 18k for my civic.. now my car is almost 1 year.. hit almost 30k mileage... and hes giving me 21.5k but almost no reduction on price just some accessories... is that a good deal.. i'm guessing the 07 is hard to get any deduction on the price cuz they are not in a hurry to sell it anyways...

One more question... is it possible in anyway I do the lease by trading in my car?? like there is a problem tho.. my car is 21.5k and the max downpayment i can put on a speed6 is 10k for leasing... but if i do the 24mth thing now its 0.00% on the website... so i can drive that car for merely 2 yrs with only paying 200ish and the 10k downpayment and finance it again when the lease ends right..? but will the dealership be likely to give me that 11.5k or they probably won't do that deal cuz they gota pay me cash?? thx in advance...

·
Registered
436 Posts
If you have that much cash to put down, BUY IT. Leasing is a waste of money (usually) when you plan to buy the car out at the end, it will end up costing you far more.

Some dealers are willing to cut you back a cheque (ours did on the trade of our Protege5). Others won't.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have that much cash to put down, BUY IT. Leasing is a waste of money (usually) when you plan to buy the car out at the end, it will end up costing you far more.

Some dealers are willing to cut you back a cheque (ours did on the trade of our Protege5). Others won't.
[/b]
funny thing tho is.. if you go and do the lease thing on mazda.ca right.. and u if u look at the mazda6 24 mth leasing.. with 0.00.. adding up the mnthly cost and the lease end payment.. with the downpayments u did.. it end up costing less money then how much the car should go for.. you think that is a bug on the website.. or what??

·
Registered
286 Posts
funny thing tho is.. if you go and do the lease thing on mazda.ca right.. and u if u look at the mazda6 24 mth leasing.. with 0.00.. adding up the mnthly cost and the lease end payment.. with the downpayments u did.. it end up costing less money then how much the car should go for.. you think that is a bug on the website.. or what??
[/b]
That is a bit odd. Do you mean 0% lease rate? I would guess that the total would cost no less than buying it in the first place. Unless it's some kind of incentive.

Leasing doesn't always mean loosing money, especially when the rate is low. I got 1.9% on a 4-yr term, if I buy it out at the end, the interest balances out the discount on the price so it's almost like 0% financing for 4yrs at MSRP. If I have the money, I could easily offset the 1.9% by investing the money somewhere else. If I don't buy it out at the end, it would be total loss. I can't see my car being less than the buy out price in 4 yrs.
The only scenario that would make me give up the car at the end is if the car is a lemon which I don't think it is.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I am leasin' the 07 MS6 at the moment, and will never finance another mazda,
i've learnt my lesson as my P5 trade in price is so much lower than the buy back value.....
so i think leasin' a mazda is a wiser choice, btw, my lease is 2.9% interest for 48months.
@ 42% residule (sp?), if my deal went thru b4 oct, it would of been 44% =[

1 - 5 of 5 Posts