Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 6I is reaching the 50K point in the next two week, and needs a tranny flush. I called the dealarship and got a quote for $200 for the service or I can do the 30/60K serice for $700. I about shit and hung up. Why the heck would it be so high? :huh: So I've check around and call the local Firestone and got a quote for 100 for the flush. What would you guyz do? Do I need to spend the extra money or am I safe to go to Firestone? This is my first flush but I've never had any problem with the car and change my oil every 3K. Did anyone have a bad experience with service centers other than the dealarship? For those Iowa M6 members, did you guys really pay this much for service??

·
Registered
900 Posts
Your average trans flush is $150-$175. Depending on what you've done so far, here's the stuff you need to consider doing: Trans flush, air filter(?), fuel filter, cabin filter and PCV valve. Your coolant should be OK until at least 60K. Your plugs are suppossed to be OK for awhile yet, but you could have a tech pull one just to make sure. A really good service to do would be an induction/injection flush. That usually runs around $150.

Now, I am in the car business and work at a dealer. Your dealer quote sounds a little high, but your post does not say where you are from (makes a difference). Nothing against Firestone, but If you don't use the dealer, I would find a good, reputable import shop near you. Click this link: BG shop finder. BG is a maker of chemicals and equipment that alot of shops use to do flushes and stuff. This link can list the shops near you that do these services. That should help you narrow it down. Good luck!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've had my tranny flushed at the dealer for $100.00. Are you sure they weren't quoting you for the 50k service(which may involve other work like flushing the coolant etc.) rather than just a flush?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I live in ohio and just got the 30k service yesterday, it was gonna be 430 and i griped so the guy lowered it to 380.

I thought that was high but i guess it wasn't compared to that price!!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I live in ohio and just got the 30k service yesterday, it was gonna be 430 and i griped so the guy lowered it to 380.

I thought that was high but i guess it wasn't compared to that price!!!!
[/b]

I have no idea why the quote should be so high, I know that most dealerships charge by hour of service, but I installed my autodimming mirrior, 2 hrs of labor, only paid 150...so check around and get quoted by other dealerships, thats what I did, cause depending on the dealer, the price will be different. :yesnod:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts