Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Australia, there doesnt seem to be that many 6s on the roads, so I'm wondering if their rarity and popularity would make them alot more expensive compared to previous mazdas.

Does anyone know how much you would have to pay for a classic sedan in 2 years? Also, does anyone know anything about importing one from japan maybe?

I figure there'd be heaps of them over there.

How much is insurance for a 6? Are they considered 'sports cars' or just like boring camry etc..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Reading Topic: Price of a 2nd hand 6 in 2-3 yrs time

I imagine that the 6 will have very high resale value in Australia, very close to a Subaru Liberty, for 3 reasons: 1. there aren't ever going to be that many around, they will be about as common as a Liberty 2. Mazda has a good reputation here 3. the car has been well recieved.

I imagine them being in a very similar situation as a Liberty. I tried to buy a used one a while ago and got frustrated and just went and bought a new 6. Because there were so few out there they wanted some very high prices.

The insurance quote I got was about the same as my 2001 323.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Reading Topic: Price of a 2nd hand 6 in 2-3 yrs time

The old 626 had crap resale as no one wanted them. The 6 should be a big improvement for retained value.

Lease residuals predicting approx 64%+ after 3 years, which puts it into liberty range and just below 3 series BMW (68%+)

The govt fleets will never get the M6 (which has hurt subaru a bit as NPWS auction their libertys & foresters & they are not holding up as well now that the model run is old) The cops adventure into WRX was a disaster as well & hurt subaru

Insurance is age & history dependent to a bigger degree with M6 as NRMA just about always right off upspec mazdas due to higher than average repair bills, therefore premiums are higher. Crease in mazda bonnet will be hard to fix if bingled & taillights are NOT cheap for simple rearenders. Most insurance is judged on statistically common damage, slow speed front & rear and is judged as % of purchase price.
Shop wisely for insurance i found over $300 difference for exactly the same comprehensive cover (500 to 800 range for luxury sports hatch so other 6models should be cheaper depending on your history & age)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts