Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay. i just got my 03 mazda 6 about 2 months ago. i am at about 92k miles and i believe my clutch is dying. i am not experienced with cars at all considering i am only 17 years old. now what is happening is that when i give it gas in any gear pretty much, the rpm's go slip and go to around 4k while the acceleration is pretty minimal. my question is, does this sound like a dying clutch. and if it does what do you suggest for a new clutch. i was looking into aftermarket clutches such as the exedy stage 1 clutch. would this fit into my 03 6s? thanks
-sam

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Sounds like it's shot to me. Exedy would be a good choice. Check out The RPM Store in the sponsor section- Donny will take care of you. :yesnod:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yeup mines also started doin that too and I drove it that way for about 10k miles (maybe more) before i got around to fixing it. The bearing was done for too, but the clutch kit should include a new one too. I just installed mine, exedy stage 1, one as well and Ill let you know how it turns out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jaysonday
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing