Only question I have is about the tire pressure thing...I have 18" Potenzas and I have never ever had any evidence of rolling on the sidewall...If you think it would be, what pressure should I runFor starters:
- Check with the club you'll be racing with for any rules / regulations you'll need to adhere to
- Remove all lose objects from inside the car
- Remove the floor mats
- Remove the spare tire & jack
- Make sure your battery is secured tightly
- Adjust your tire pressures - this is a big one. Typically you'll want more pressure in your tires for autoX than you normally use driving on the street. This will help prevent the tires from rolling over while cornering (driving on the sidewall of the tire = no grip). You'll probably want more pressure in the front tires than the back. I usually run 42psi front, 36 rear. This may be a good starting point, but optimal pressures will vary from one type of tire to the next. The differential in pressure from front to back affects the handling bias of the vehicle. Plan to bring a tire gauge and a pump, or a portable air tank with you. You'll probably want to adjust pressures in between runs until you find what works best for you.
- Most importantly: have fun! :drive:
Also, I assume you'll need a helmet as well as numbers and your class designated on your car. Once again, check with the racing club to see what their requirements are.