Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have a sport 6mt with both seats and 10k mi on it and my seats are holding up just fine.

The one biggest complaint I do have about the quality is the steering wheel material. Scuffed wear marks around 9k mi. Kinda disappointing

I might explore aftermarket wheels. What WOULD be awesome is a
Nardi wheel haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
127 Posts
My acura has it, never noticed until this thread made me check. So unless others have read this thread, no one will notice haha.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have a sport 6mt with both seats and 10k mi on it and my seats are holding up just fine.

The one biggest complaint I do have about the quality is the steering wheel material. Scuffed wear marks around 9k mi. Kinda disappointing

I might explore aftermarket wheels. What WOULD be awesome is a
Nardi wheel haha

I've seen that brought up a LOT here. Mine is still fine.. I would be wondering about material defects on those. My wife practically sits with the steering wheel in her lap on the rare occasion she drives (and forgets to push the wheel in), and still no scuffs. Mind-boggling.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've seen that brought up a LOT here. Mine is still fine.. I would be wondering about material defects on those. My wife practically sits with the steering wheel in her lap on the rare occasion she drives (and forgets to push the wheel in), and still no scuffs. Mind-boggling.
It might also be because I have the base model, perhaps? Also, I have rough hands... I work in retail management...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
2014 GT seats with 5000 miles on them, check out my side bolster

How did that happen to your left side bolster, at only 5Kmi?

It looks quite similar to my old, driver left side bolster of my old Passat..approaching it's 12yr old wrinkle bolster wears.

Do you always position your driver seat close to the steering wheel?

That's ingress side bolster wear...way too premature to happen, at 5Kmi.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My seat isn't close to the wheel, in fact I sit back a good ways (relaxed driving position). The wear is odd since I condition it regularly and tend to wear slacks/dress shirt. I don't slide around on the seat and I'm not very big (5'7). So I don't get it, but it seems a lot like what others have noticed. It feels like a problem with the foam underneath more than the leather on top.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
See, I noticed that Mazda designed narrow, well hugging bolsters on their front buckets seats (i.e. this black leatherette Touring front bucket seats; akin to racing bucket seats, albeit "street legal version", in that sense).

I set my front driver seat distance "fixed", since I drive a 6MT with just the right left leg stretch to reach press the clutch pedal flat, against the floor wall (I hate to keep adjusting the power seat slide motor, fore and aft). Fortunately, I slide fit/ingress to the seat easily, between the space of the steering wheel, relative to the seat. I do not hit the left side bolster (as in your picture) when I get inside the car.

I am 138lbs and well within my BMI, am relative fit with an Asian body frame...other than the seat wrinkle pictures I posted on the 1st few pages of this thread, I have none of these side bolster ingress wear. Not even a wrinkle. The wrinkle wears on mine are only on the ones by the seat (lower) bolster itself, as pictured previously (of which it stopped getting worse, I assume the seat had already "broken-in").

This gives me an impression that the interior ergonomics of the GJ is designed around smaller Asian body frames (vs say Caucasian/European body frames)...

The Mazda6 after all, is a Japanese car.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.