Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
No problem in my sport either. Though the stitching on the back of the seats is coming un-done behind my back (middle upper that goes from side to side). I'm not sure if that's premature wear, or the kids kicking the seat backs at this point =/

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

Well, I have a little over a month to contemplate on pursuing a fix (1st OCI/6mo dealer visit)...but currently, I'm somewhat leaning against it (weighing pros vs cons). This could be just sign of the Mazda 6 leatherette seats "breaking-in" (just an assumption of mine)...I just might live with it, for now.

Without seeing your face, I have to say you have good taste in sunglasses :D. Now if they fit you terribly I could change my mind LOL.

As for the seats, I hate to say it, but this is probably one of those things better left alone, or replaced with an upgrade by a pro auto custom upholstery shop =/

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
With Classic Ray Ban Aviators (even had photochromics and amber versions back in college, been wearing them ever since; NEVER goes out of style)...who needs tints (none on my Touring). These are my tints. :cool: :D

Regarding the driver seat, the wrinkling had long since stopped. I believe it's just part of the "break-in" process. Never had it gotten worse, since...
I hear ya.. tint is for my kids (and interior plastics), sunglasses are for me LOL. 10%VLT with a solid blue flash mirror (call me 80's all you want, only way to get em dark as I like and destroy the sun's evil glare from above!) and wavelength tuned polarization for me thanks lol. (let's see a tint come CLOSE to that glare blocking ability and optical clarity..) I still sell lot's of aviators for both ophthalmic and sun wear!!

It would make sense that it's from the foam "breaking in", as the sport cloth doesn't seem to have issue with it. The cloth is much more forgiving to a slight dip or give in the material vs the leather(ette) that needs to be fully tight to prevent waves/wrinkles in appearance

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have a sport 6mt with both seats and 10k mi on it and my seats are holding up just fine.

The one biggest complaint I do have about the quality is the steering wheel material. Scuffed wear marks around 9k mi. Kinda disappointing

I might explore aftermarket wheels. What WOULD be awesome is a
Nardi wheel haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I've seen that brought up a LOT here. Mine is still fine.. I would be wondering about material defects on those. My wife practically sits with the steering wheel in her lap on the rare occasion she drives (and forgets to push the wheel in), and still no scuffs. Mind-boggling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.