Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a 2004 Mazda 6 wagon. I had/have the same issue on my drivers seat. Now, it doesn't help that I'm 250lbs, but it is a problem.

I had it happen around year 2-3 of ownership and the dealership replaced the whole chair. The service rep said it was due to them not deburring the metal frame, so it cuts the foam. I never saw proof of it.

Replaced the chair, no issues for a couple years, then a couple of years ago I noticed it doing it again. It's gotten to the point that the cloth is frayed. I just live with it, since it has 125k miles.

Seems like they have the same issues. Either the foam, or the frame.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wrinkling is one thing, but if the foam under actually breaks, my experience was that they just replaced the whole chair. Not piece meal.

But yes, until thousands upon thousands of people bring in their chairs to be replaced, you'll get it replaced with the same crappy chair, unless you were the 6 in a million defect rate that happens even at the best manufacturers. (probably much higher odds of defects with interior parts). Maybe down the road, they'll come up with a fix, if it's a big enough problem. I'd say bottom bolster wrinkling probably won't register high to them, but if the back bolsters fail, that's a bigger deal.

But, since as I stated earlier, this isn't exactly a new issue for Mazda. It's more likely that they'll just replace the seat. It's too much work for them to remove the cover and stitch it up. Heck, I don't think they'd have too many guys trained on that. They'd refer you to an upholstery place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.