Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
I can see a little break down of the foam. I suspect everyone is going to experience this. I doubt they are all of a sudden going to use different materials. Let's face it, Mazda has gone cheap on a number of things in this vehicle. I love the car but it's a little disappointing .
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't want to go off-topic, but could you perhaps summarize some of those cost-cutting things?

I'm wonder if this affects the cloth seats as well...
It starts with the infotainment system and the cheap speakers. The lack of sound deadening materials to reduce road noise . The plastics inside scratch way to easy. The foam of the seats.The car drives fantastic which keeps me happy but it's not perfect by any means. I guess I can't really expect that from any car though. Look at the Honda Accord forums and they have their own set of issues.

·
Registered
617 Posts
^^^^ I can agree with a lot of this. They will probably put the same cheap foam they did before and fit may not be perfect. Mazda really should have been better in choosing more durable materials. A more resilient foam would probably not cost that much more. If Mazda wants long term sustainability, they have to consider everything they do in making their cars. Not what they can get away with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.