Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While i'm munching on the grapefruit my wife cut up and brought for me (I'm so spoiled, and blessed to have such a wonderful wife)...I have to ask....

So who else is up at these ungodly hours trying to get assignments done, labs completed and ready for hand in, and cramming for tests?

Oh the joys of a student eh?

And who else is using this club as an excuse for "taking a break" or wasting time when they know they should be doing their school related work? I know i am..i'll admit it.

-Chris

ARILU ;)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I don't feel like studying right now lol...because my brain is not functioning as well as usual around this time. So I've decided to leave out the work for tomorrow :D and tomorrow, there's another tomorrow...tomorrow will never come. However, the exams will!!!

Jez...I can't screw it. Gotta kill the muthafcuka... :swearin:

Btw, I just missed a chem lab this morning cuz I couldn't get up at 7:30! LOL...clock alarm, watch alarm and cell phone alarm had no effect on me at all... :zzz:

Does anyone know where can I get an alarm clock that would continue to ring after I shut if off? :p

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
College students's remedy for sleep deprivation:
  1. 5 alarm clocks situated in various loation in the room.
  2. Keep the thermostat waaaaay down in the house so that when you get out of bed the near shock of freezing to death wakes you up
  3. Always keep a bottle of Caffeine pills within reach
  4. Lastly, there is always another day
lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
First of all...Number 1) I've had 4 alarms set AND a wake up call from a friend who kept me talking for nearly 20 minutes....and I still managed some how to pass out and not make it to school. :zzz: :zzz:

2) ..if it's cold..I'm wrapping myself tighter in the blanket for warmth! :zzz:
3) Caffeine Pills????? HOW DARE YOU TRY TO CORUPT MY SYSTEM with that poison like drug! .. :slap:
4) There's always another day....I like this one :D

As you can see it's 2:30 in the morning and I'm still up...going to bed now and exams start monday for me...and I've still got 2 assignments to hand in for tomorrow! I've spent nearly 8 hrs a day since last thursday up until today. I am tired and exhausted...this meet is definately going to find it's way to crawl up and bite me ...but ah well..it'll be worth it...Definately going to need to leave for guelph again early enough so I can get maybe a few more hours of studying before calling it a night...Ah well...das my exam stress speal!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
my brother made some caffine pills once...they were about 3x the power of the most powerful ones you can buy...

no we didnt try them

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bah, I've been too lazy to study. Comming home after a full day of work, then the gym, usually afterwards I'm too beat to even eat.

But this weekend will be the cramfest. I have 13 chapters of accounting to get through, then the exam on Tuesday.

So, you think I have any chances...?

·
Registered
356 Posts
This time of year makes me glad I am finished with University. It is so nice to come home after work and not have to do 5 hours of homework.

Good luck on your exams, I will root for you all!

BTW CLaman, I was the complete opposite of you... I would get up at 5:30 am study until 4 or 5 in the evening, then call it quits for the night, rather than staying up to ungodly hours of the night.

·
Registered
412 Posts
This time of year makes me glad I am finished with University. It is so nice to come home after work and not have to do 5 hours of homework.

Good luck on your exams, I will root for you all!

BTW CLaman, I was the complete opposite of you... I would get up at 5:30 am study until 4 or 5 in the evening, then call it quits for the night, rather than staying up to ungodly hours of the night.
[/b]
I totally agree... so glad to be out of school.. however my gf is still in university and is stressing from these exams. Gotta spend time with the other woman, the 6, to get away from those negative vibes ;)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Two things you can do the night before an exam if you don't feel prepared:
- Build a brick wall in front of each door into the exam room.
- Get a few friends with socket sets. Unbolt EVERY seat in the exam room and turn them around backwards.

If PJmodi reads this - McKinnon 113 and Eng 100 were both "victims" of these ideas back in the day...I had nothing to do with them....honest... :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
I wish I had the gutz to pull something like that!!!! I'd be tooo friggin scared about someone seeing or gettin caught!...Goood idea though...does make me think ;):p

·
Registered
25 Posts
I totally need to gather some people to build that brick wall on all doors to the writing-hall! hahaha
I'm up for my first exam tomorrow evening :( Who holds exams on a Saturday... and on a Saturday evening? WHO??

Good luck to those writing this month!!! Eventually we'll all be able to sleep :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
682 Posts
If you need prank week ideas - just let me know.

I have a TON of them.

Hey Pjmodi - ask somebody old (like a PhD grad student) about the time the cannon was "stolen"...I have the video of that somewhere...

·
Registered
635 Posts
i am getting raped this term with 7 courses ... such a pain !!! :swearin: ... have exams on 6,8,13,14,21 ...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Aweee I feel bad for you people with exams...NOT. well i do feel bad, Im just glad that I don't have exams this year (yayy for paid co-op). Although next year im sure I will be stressting right about now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you need prank week ideas - just let me know.

I have a TON of them.

Hey Pjmodi - ask somebody old (like a PhD grad student) about the time the cannon was "stolen"...I have the video of that somewhere...
[/b]
I've heard of that one...is that the one where there was a huge rampage or something where nearly all campus police were brought to one side of the campus and then a few tow trucks went in and lifted the cannon and took it away somewhere???? I think that's the story I was told...would love to see the video!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Aweee I feel bad for you people with exams...NOT. well i do feel bad, Im just glad that I don't have exams this year (yayy for paid co-op). Although next year im sure I will be stressting right about now.
[/b]
yeah co-op is fun !!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yeah I go on this site also when I should be doing school work. In my junior year in high school have SATs in Spring.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts