Mazda 6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont understand what the hell is happening with this car. Today in the morning it drove fine and now it is as if the turbo doesnt spool at all. Feels slow and slugish and as if the turbo starts to spool at 3500rpm and dies down at 4500rpm. I used 93 octane gas and it just doesnt seem right that it loses power like that. My car was built in JAN 06. Anyone know what this is and how the hell to fix it because this is a bunch of shit if you ask me.

It was cooler last night and the weather became about 60 degrees today. Maybe that has somthing to do with it.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
you probably didn't search hard enough. try "intermittent powerloss" WRC2 gave you the info needed.

have the dealer take a look before you abandon the car on a dark road somewhere.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to call the dealer and I bet any money they have no idea what I will be talking about. this is 28,000 dollar car, it should not have these issues.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I am going to call the dealer and I bet any money they have no idea what I will be talking about. this is 28,000 dollar car, it should not have these issues.
[/b]
Huh? New cars NEVER have issues? Pluuzzeeee. My buddy just bought a new loaded G35 (40K out the door) and it's been in the shop 3 times already. And that's a mass produced car. The MS6 is limited production. The MS6 is a good car, I've had some minor issues, but everyone does. Don't smash the entire line because of one powerloss (relfash?) issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Most first year cars have issues. We just don't hear about all of it, as we aren't interested in most first year cars, just as most people aren't hearing about our problems. This is expected, and that's why there are warranties.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when does the power come back...and how is it that the car works fine and then on the same tank of gas it becomes slow as hell?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone know if the power comes back or not without getting the reflash? Also can this be caused by a sudden change in temperature too?

Just called a dealership and nothing..they never heard of this powerloss. Just as I stated before I am giong to call and they wont have a clue.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Does anyone know if the power comes back or not without getting the reflash? Also can this be caused by a sudden change in temperature too?
Just called a dealership and nothing..they never heard of this powerloss. Just as I stated before I am giong to call and they wont have a clue.
[/b]
My dealer hadn't heard about it, I just took it to them, asked them to reflash the computer and tell me the ECU level. Should be a minimum of P44.9. Also they should know about a recall for any cars built (IIRC) Aug 05-Apr 06.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My dealer hadn't heard about it, I just took it to them, asked them to reflash the computer and tell me the ECU level. Should be a minimum of P44.9. Also they should know about a recall for any cars built (IIRC) Aug 05-Apr 06.
[/b]

Ok, i guess i will try again.

Will my power come back without the reflash?

Also, its hard to go to a dealership and just say that i want my ECU reflashed. Noone is just going to do taht and what they will do is say let me drive and once they do they will say its fine and in spec. This shit always happens

Just called aother dealer and the same thing....they never heard of any recalls on 06 mazdaspeed 6 and they never heard about powerloss.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ok, i guess i will try again.

Will my power come back without the reflash?

Also, its hard to go to a dealership and just say that i want my ECU reflashed. Noone is just going to do taht and what they will do is say let me drive and once they do they will say its fine and in spec. This shit always happens

Just called aother dealer and the same thing....they never heard of any recalls on 06 mazdaspeed 6 and they never heard about powerloss.
[/b]
I just told them that as I was driving the turbo stopped spooling and the car was really slow. When you turn it off and on again, the turbo comes back. Then I said that the online forums indicate it is fixed with P42.9 or above, so please reflash the car and tell me the version you flashed to. They said OK and after it was flashed told me that 44.9P2 was their latest (this was Sept. of this year).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just told them that as I was driving the turbo stopped spooling and the car was really slow. When you turn it off and on again, the turbo comes back. Then I said that the online forums indicate it is fixed with P42.9 or above, so please reflash the car and tell me the version you flashed to. They said OK and after it was flashed told me that 44.9P2 was their latest (this was Sept. of this year).
[/b]

See I have turned my car off and on a few times already and it still has not gotten back to the way it was. I was about to go buy an octane booster to put into my fuel tank to increase the the rating.

I will try to do this i guess. How does you car feel now?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have searched it and I USED 93 OCTANE so what the fuck?

piece of shit fuckn mazda
[/b]
Sorry that you're disappointed. By now you've probably read many thread about the reflash but you should be warned that a lot of people's cars were ruined by the reflash. We've been all through this before and it's well-documented so happy reading and think twice before you let the dealer neuter, uh, er I mean "reflash" your car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry that you're disappointed. By now you've probably read many thread about the reflash but you should be warned that a lot of people's cars were ruined by the reflash. We've been all through this before and it's well-documented so happy reading and think twice before you let the dealer neuter, uh, er I mean "reflash" your car.
[/b]

Dude thanks a lot for letting me know that.
Do you know if the power will come back w/out the reflash? If so then i rather take my chances with the powerloss then have my car ruined because I would just have to sell it if that is the case.

·
Registered
126 Posts
[/b]
Welp, my luck ran out. I was doing good and then BAM. I got the powerloss (with some studder) issue as well. I dont even want to drive it, they are on their way as I type to come pick it up on a flatbed to take it to dealership. I hope they dont do the reflash.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.