Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wish I hadn't gotten the reflash, my car now performs worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my MS6 for 6 days now, and I have experienced powerloss pretty much all day, everyday. The only times my car seems to have power >4000 rpm is at night when the temp gets below ~60 degrees. Having passengers also seems to make powerloss more likely to occur.

It's really NOT fun taking my friends for a ride in my brand new car and telling them "normally it's faster than this, it isn't running right".

I bought a brand new car specifically to avoid inconsistencies like this. The obvious answer is to get the reflash done, but I've read about quite a few people on here that claim it has robbed them of power. Of course, this is all going by the butt dyno, nobody seems to have any proof either way.

My tech even advised against getting the recall done!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
it sounds like your car had 87 put in from the dealer. i'd make them drain & refill the tank with 93, and have the reflash done. don't stress too much.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it sounds like your car had 87 put in from the dealer. i'd make them drain & refill the tank with 93, and have the reflash done. don't stress too much.
[/b]
Woops, forgot to mention that I have already used the entire tank of crap that the dealer put in and have run at least 1 full tank of 94 through it, yet the problem persists.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Woops, forgot to mention that I have already used the entire tank of crap that the dealer put in and have run at least 1 full tank of 94 through it, yet the problem persists.
[/b]
go back and get the reflash...you sound like the perfect candidate for it, if that doesnt work then go back to the dealer and make them fix it till its right

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Get the reflash done, no one has been able to prove you lose any power from it, and most people post some feedback that isn't even physically possible....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Water injection or Toulene should cure that :D

I'm running 1 gallon of Xylene as a test now, to see how the car feels. After I do a boost gauge I'll test it out more, then I'll try water injection.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish the person that voted against the recall would have posted some information about their experience.

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you're getting the true power loss (can't accelerate over 4000 rpm) then you've basically GOT to get the reflash-I guarantee your car will perform better after. It does fix the complete power loss problem. It doesn't completely fix the partial power loss problem, but it does seem to improve it. Overall power? Hard to say, I've gained 2 mph in a 3/16th mile impromptu drag that I run some days, power doesn't drop off as hard after 5400 rpm but I don't have any objective findings. I'm satisfied with the flash, but wish they'd completely solve the problems...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
try a different gas station, yer gettin jipped. Most likely not the right octane.
[/b]
I don't think that this is the case. Chevron is the only place that offers 94, and it is considered by everyone around here to be the best gas that you can buy.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
if you car getting poss loss, it means that the knock sensor is detecting unusual amount of knock. In turn it slows starts pulling timing untill it goes in to safe mode, 33% throttle. With a good fuel, you will not experience that amount of knock so you won't be getting the powerloss.

Get the car flashed and try a different station. 93/94 octane really isn't much of a difference.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wish the person that voted against the recall would have posted some information about their experience.
[/b]
They already did. In fact, there were several people saying that they had major issues with performance including powerloss after the reflash. I don't know what thread it's in though. People seem to create a new thread about powerloss almost every day so it's getting tougher to keep up.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I didn't vote because either choice doesn't really fit me.

I used to get power loss several times a week. The car "feels" slower in 1st. Is it really slower, I don't know for sure. It's not like it feels significantly slower. Is it just a result of what they call smoothing out the power curve or whatever they're calling it.

I never had power loss since I got the reflash. So do I regret getting it, no. Turning my car off and on and never knowing if the power was going to be there drove me nuts.

Did I wish the car felt like it did before, yeah. But I'll take no power loss over that.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
anyone that feels as they lost power can get a boost controller. Seems as though this car reacts well with it.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I never experienced the powerloss. I had the reflash done this past Monday and my experience thus far is the feels smoother (not necessarily a good thing but also not necessarily a bad thing) in acceleration. I did experience a "Hiccup" of sorts rounding a corner where it felt the car lost power for a split second, but that's it.
I'd take your car back to the dealer and tell them it is not performing as well as it did at first. Don't necessarily demand the reflash, but have them look at the car to make sure there is not something wrong that is causing the perceived powerloss you are experiencing. Then, if that fails, try the reflash.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
even after refilling with 94 you'd need to run a couple tanks of it through & reset the ECU for the car to drive right.

have the reflash, and run a couple more tanks of 94 through the system.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Uh...if you get powerloss every day, and the reflash fixes it, how in the world could your car perform worse?
[/b]

He is talking about when it used to have that "rip itself apart" type acceleration. Now it is smoother but not as fun according to the butt dyno.

·
Registered
127 Posts
amazing that everyone has an opinion but nobody dares to do a before/after dyno, boost gauge or track comparison

maybe ignorance is bliss?

·
Registered
440 Posts
amazing that everyone has an opinion but nobody dares to do a before/after dyno, boost gauge or track comparison

maybe ignorance is bliss?
[/b]
There has been a track test after the reflash, before he had power loss at the track, after his times were as expected:

Before reflash, power loss hit:
60'... 2.149
330... 6.227
1/8... 9.569
MPH... 74.99
1000... 12.475
1/4... 14.909
MPH... 89.17

After reflash:
60'... 1.867
330... 5.897
1/8... 8.869