Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my Mazda 6speed 06 I cannot open the passenger and rear windows from my master control even after I turn the lock off. Is there a step that I'm missing?

·
Registered
102 Posts
If the windows work from their respective doors, then the master switch may be bad.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quoted from the Mazdaspeed 6 section sticky.

"AND THE # 1 QUESTION:
Windows don't roll down from drivers side switch?
This happens every time the battery is disconnected. To fix it go to each individual window and roll it down a bit then back up and hold the button up after the window reaches the top and it will click twice after a couple of seconds. Done.
Now it will work."

Reactions: twnsnd

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same thing happened to me this weekend when I was putting my HIDs in and disconnected the battery. The fix is very simple and is found in many places in the forums. Basically you go to the individual window. Open it all the way and then close it all the way but continue to hold the button up until you hear a clicking noise in the respective door. Do this for all 4 windows at each of the windows individual control and then it should reset the power window controller in the drivers door.

·
Registered
859 Posts
It's in the owner's manual, page 3-25.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
...Open it all the way and then close it all the way but continue to hold the button up until you hear a clicking noise in the respective door. .
You don't have to open the windows all the way. You can just crack em open, and then hold it up until it clicks twice. Save you some precious time ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts