Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok dealer told me i have to come back in to get the key fobs fixed so windows will do that auto down feature when unlock button is held on fob.

i just relized that my only window that goes down is the drivers with the button on door.
the other three don't work. they all have the backlight dots lit up but dont work.

does this have something to do with the fob not being programed yet?

i will have it looked at some time this or next week. just wanted to know if anyone had the same problem.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
yea I actually bought the car and drove it off the lot with only the drivers windows working from the main switch. While the other power windows switched did work from the other doors the drivers main control unit had to be reprogrammed. Took it back to the dealer 2 days later and they fixed it within 5 min.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
i knew this was gonna come up. :)

i think the running tally on this window question is in the double digits now

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I'm just pissed the windows don't automattically roll up with autolock. The windows rolling down by holding the unlock button is the biggest MS6 tease ever.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
the auto-rolldown is dangerous! I was working on my car one day, went back inside the house for about 10 mins. I made sure to lock/alarm the car. When I came back out my all my windows were open!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm just pissed the windows don't automattically roll up with autolock. The windows rolling down by holding the unlock button is the biggest MS6 tease ever.
[/b]
It's not that hard to hold down the request button on the door for a few seconds

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
It's not. I'm saying that I wish they would roll up when the doors autolock, instead of having to hold the request button to get them to roll up.

·
Registered
700 Posts
yeah, what is this request button you speak of?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
It's the button on the doors and trunk of the GT model. They are called "request buttons."

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ahhh, the weekly window thread. I agree, quite annoying :irate:

the auto-rolldown is dangerous! I was working on my car one day, went back inside the house for about 10 mins. I made sure to lock/alarm the car. When I came back out my all my windows were open!
[/b]
I agree. I love the feature when I use it intentionally, but twice now I have gone out to the car to find the windows open. It's really annoying because now whenever I go anywhere, I lock up the car, safely cradle the key inside, and put it down somewhere so that I don't accidentally hit the button in my pocket.

I'm just waiting for the day I go outside to find my interior full of snow :(

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
My solution. I park far away so the key fob can't reach it. :p
[/b]
Solution....don't sit on your key fob's button.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts