Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Mazda 6 Black Cherry/Black, K&N CAI, 20" wheels with 245/35R20 SR'W'
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did something dumb while I was making some interior mods with adding led lights to the door handle and the tray below. I was searching for power when the key was turned to the On position in the doors and found it. Not knowing what the 12v was for I shrugged my shoulders and spliced into it. The lights worked as expected but the power windows stopped. All but the front passenger's window. Well I thought that was weird. So I bought a new driver's side window control thinking that maybe I had damaged that. No joy and the power mirrors wouldn't work either. Again I shrugged my shoulders and then life happened and I hadn't gotten back to it. Also in a fit of anger I broke some of the trim. As time went on I noticed a few other odd happenings. The light that shines onto the console from above stopped getting power and now the turn signal randomly flashes. So now I'm thinking I damaged the control module. I'm waiting for a OBDLink MX+ adapter to come in and using Forscan I hope to understand what may be going on with it but does anyone have any ideas? Might I need to replace the entire module or would a reset using Forscan work? Also did I happen to mention my dumbest decision? I didn't disconnect the battery while doing all this. Okay, I'm ready for the onslaught. Please do try to make it productive though. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Sounds like you confused the BCM. Im assuming you checked all the fuses.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you confused the BCM. Im assuming you checked all the fuses.
All the fuses check out. Can I reset the BCM with Forscan Lite or do I need the full version? Or did I, for lack of any better words, break it? Additionally what power should I tap into to power those lights? I apparently tapped into the BUS on the passenger door but I can't remember which I tapped on the driver's side. The goal is to have them illuminated while the doors are shut but the car running. That's why the power windows made sense.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Id run new wires to the door from the IGN circuit, or the lighter socket if its not powered all the time. Or use the power mirror circuit and tap off that fuse with the right adapter.

I dont know about the Forscan Lite bit.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Id run new wires to the door from the IGN circuit, or the lighter socket if its not powered all the time. Or use the power mirror circuit and tap off that fuse with the right adapter.

I dont know about the Forscan Lite bit.
Hadn't thought about the mirrors. I suppose I could run new wire through the dash to the doors. I have a new head unit coming so I will be tearing the dash apart here soon anyway. What about taping into the running lights?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. Just do the mirror circuit in the fuse panel.
I'll give it a shot. I also need to tackle why the overhead console illumination light's power has failed. Probably the BCM but the overhead map lights illuminate. Anyone know how to reset the BCM?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts