Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.. just a quick question for some of you..
Ever since I had my mazda6 parked outside for almost a year now ..with all the rain and snow that's been on the car.. the brake disc and pads itself is pretty much going to die when I get it back on the road next summer. Just wondering what you guys think about the Power Stop brake kit. I am of course going to be replacing my brake disc and pads once I get it back on the road and looking to get one that is somewhat flashy but works amazingly. The brake disc I have on it right now is pretty much stock and I think its time to get a new one.

Any suggestions as to which one or any reviews about the power stop brake kit?
I currently have the 2006 Mazda 6 i4 2.3L

EDIT: I guess nobody has tried this before? .. Ah wells

·
Registered
21 Posts
I actually own and use a power stop break kit I got off amazon I got the drilled and slotted ones the seem to work really well almost like it wants to rip your face off coin from 100-0 lmao go for it man good budget brakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I was looking at these, I have read mixed reviews with cross drilled rotors.

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Drilled rotors run a higher risk of cracking. If you do get drilled rotors be sure to inspect them regularly.

Rotors which are just slotted run less risk of cracking with basically the same benefits of drilled. Neither are necessary for regular street use. IMO just find a set of zinc plated rotors that way they wont rust out on ya.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drilled rotors run a higher risk of cracking. If you do get drilled rotors be sure to inspect them regularly.

Rotors which are just slotted run less risk of cracking with basically the same benefits of drilled. Neither are necessary for regular street use. IMO just find a set of zinc plated rotors that way they wont rust out on ya.
Thank you for that info! I didn't know having those ones increases the chances of cracking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have purchased these in the past and it took me not even two months to get them replaced with Napa ultra-premium stuff. The brakes don't have the proper coating on them like they claim and the customer service was terrible. This is a company I wouldn't even bother calling again, let alone buying from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts