Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mazda 6 family,
I am really hoping someone can solve this dilemma as YouTube and the Chilton manual have been unsuccessful.

I have completely disassembled my power steering pump in order to replace all of the seals and O-rings. Everything was smooth until I removed the control valve (see photo) and noticed more pieces and parts than the manual's diagram displays (also attached).

According to all information I can find, once the connector to the control valve is removed, the control valve should slide out with just a spring, again according to YouTube mechanics and my Chilton manual. This happened, (see photo), however, 2 other pieces, along with a smaller, tighter spring and a small ball bearing fell out. WTH are these and how the hell does it go back in? Is it even necessary? Please help! Thanks all.

-J

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or the part number if it can be purchased even. The valve itself seems pretty chewed up at the bottom.

-J

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bad, 2008 Mazda 6 2.3L. I have spoke with the dealer and I'm beginning to think that the Connector and Control Valve are a single part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts