Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the cigarette lighter socket can be used for other in-car electircal applicances, like small vacuum cleaner, mobile phone charger, etc.?

I've tried to plug in a car vacuum cleaner , but it didnt work!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'power socket'

It says in the manual that it's not intended for anything else than the lighter.

I tried with my cell phone charger, which works, but I guess a vacuum takes too much power and there is some kind of load limiter on that connector.

·
Registered
391 Posts

did you try the other plug in the box between the 2 seats? there's a plug for cell phones, maybe it will work...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Nope. Didn't even see it...where's that?

The connector I tried is the one next to the ash tray in the centre console.

·
Registered
391 Posts

I don't know how to say that in english : l'appui-bras (where you put your arm in the middle part)...

there's 2 compartments. It's in the lower one. I saw it at the Montreal's show yesterday.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I don't see any outlets in that pic??

I'll just have to go out to my car and take a look!:D

·
Registered
355 Posts

Why would Mazda6 be any different from other cars on this?
I mean using the lighter plugin for chargers and those "mini-vacuums", which are made for car use (usually they need to be charged in your home plugins, but I have seen some which are designed for car use). And laptop chargers etc...

But that extra plugin sounds cool, IF there is one?

I haven't seen any extra ones (only minus for Mazda6 from me, unless I just haven't found it). Many other cars have one in the boot and for the backseat.

As well as the air vents we talked before. I checked and it meant only that the air is "tunneled" under the seats to the back seat... But this is something that only few cars give (Volvo S60 has it); those air blowers for the backseaters...

·
Registered
391 Posts

Posted by Steve 6er  

I don't see any outlets in that pic??[/b]

Look under the C.D.s..... :D
When I looked in the Mazda 6 at the car show, it was there (like Honda, Nissan and Toyota do now!)

·
Registered
355 Posts

Originally posted by MAZDA 6 FREAK

Posted by Steve 6er  

I don't see any outlets in that pic??[/b]

Look under the C.D.s..... :D
When I looked in the Mazda 6 at the car show, it was there (like Honda, Nissan and Toyota do now!)[/b][/quote]

Cool, if it is there... I will check from mine also soon.

·
Registered
355 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

There is none. I checked mine today...:([/b]
I saw it at the Montreal's show yesterday.[/b]
This would implicate yet another difference between euro / us models!?

This time 1 plus more on the us version...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, and it implies a difference in smoking culture too. Here not many people smoke in their cars.:)

·
Registered
391 Posts

well I don't smoke, but I use my phone. what is cool is that here, we can plug the phone in the middle-lower compartment plug and put the phone in the higher compartment, close it and let it charge...:D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Reading Topic: power socket

Shoomer....it is possible the socket will power your vacuum, never known a 12v socket that didn't, what may be the case is you have to have the car running. My 4runner was the same way....it had a load breaker which flipped if I put something like a vacuum on it...UNLESS the truck was running, kind of neat in my opinion, kept the battery alive a bit longer. And yes, I live in America and have the extra socket as well, its in the center armrest below the top compartment. They even put a little cutout in the arm rest so that a cell phone cord can be ran to the outside withought some unsigtly kinks in the wire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts