Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure where to put this.

Anyone else have an issue with their seat coming loose? When accelerating or stopping quick the seat would rock back (acc) or slide (brake) not a ton but I definitely felt it.
Dealer said it's because they used rivets for the seat brackets and they wear out with no way to tighten. They are having a shop take care of it, redrill/rivet or weld is my guess.
So this happen to anyone else?

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
I have a similar problem. Happens on high speed turns as well. I'd like to get it fixed, but I couldn't figure out where the problem was.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said the OEM replacement part was $1300 or can be found used for $600. I will ask if they have part name/number when I pick it up.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
They said the OEM replacement part was $1300 or can be found used for $600. I will ask if they have part name/number when I pick it up.

Sweet Jesus.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
IIRC there was even a TSB on the seat rails having a weld that cracks or something. I never paid that much attention since mine doesn't (yet...) have the symptoms.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the Speed back today, apparently the repair shop was unable to fix the problem and the dealer is only willing to split the cost of the replacement part, still $650 out of pocket. So as you may guess I'm just going to deal with it for now. He is going to get me the part numbers so I can try to find a deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts