Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a dumb question but does anyone know the life expectancy of the adjustable seats before needing repair? I have a 2017.5 6 GT with only 10,000 miles.. thanks for any info you can provide.

·
Registered
489 Posts
My 03 6 seats were still working great when I took them out @180k miles. The 05 RX-8 seats that I have in there now still work great as well but I'm not sure how many miles were in the car that I got them from.

If you are a good diyer, the motors can be changed out with a little effort. As for the electronics side of things, I'll have to look again but I want to say that they didn't look too bad to change out.

Now if a heater goes in the seat, that's something totally different and the seats will have to come apart. It's more work but it can be done. I haven't looked into getting new parts for the seats but that's what junk yards are for lol. You can test seats in the yards if you have a decent portable power supply. A small pocket jump box works great for this. You just need to know what wires are for + and - for the seat and hook those up to the jumper box.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Might be a dumb question but does anyone know the life expectancy of the adjustable seats before needing repair? I have a 2017.5 6 GT with only 10,000 miles.. thanks for any info you can provide.
I have a low mileage 2007, but me being old, I move the seat every time I enter or leave the car.
I have my driving position in memories 1 & 2 and in memory 3 I have the seat set right back to ease me getting in and out of the car.
So every time I enter or leave the car move the seat, and I'm still using the original electric motors.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a low mileage 2007, but me being old, I move the seat every time I enter or leave the car.
I have my driving position in memories 1 & 2 and in memory 3 I have the seat set right back to ease me getting in and out of the car.
So every time I enter or leave the car move the seat, and I'm still using the original electric motors.
Great to hear.. I'll just relax and enjoy this great feature.. thanks for all the info and help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts