Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have problem with my Mazda 6 2.2D 150hp 2013 skyactiv. The issue is with power loss, acceleration.

The car acceleration is very poor, almost like my old Mazda 6 1.8 2008. I feel like the turbo not kickin in but maybe that's not the issue. Hard to get on revs above 3k and 4-5k revs takes ages on every gear, maybe except 1st. I can't feel any boost, or push in the seat.

I gave the car to the garage but they didn't find anything. Dpf, fuel pump ok. No error codes , or lights on the dashboard. MAF cleaned.
The guy said it could be exhaust blocked somewhere.

Please help! I need POWER :)

Regards

·
Rally Racer
2,537 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have problem with my Mazda 6 2.2D 150hp 2013 skyactiv. The issue is with power loss, acceleration.

The car acceleration is very poor, almost like my old Mazda 6 1.8 2008. I feel like the turbo not kickin in but maybe that's not the issue. Hard to get on revs above 3k and 4-5k revs takes ages on every gear, maybe except 1st. I can't feel any boost, or push in the seat.

I gave the car to the garage but they didn't find anything. Dpf, fuel pump ok. No error codes , or lights on the dashboard. MAF cleaned.
The guy said it could be exhaust blocked somewhere.

Please help! I need POWER :)

Regards
Did you run out of diesel exhaust fluid?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you run out of diesel exhaust fluid?
Thanks for reply. As I mention, I have a car for 4 month now. I don't know what happend before, but the car is like this since I get it. Does Mazda 6 has this DEF, or where to find this?
Regards

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Thanks for reply. As I mention, I have a car for 4 month now. I don't know what happend before, but the car is like this since I get it. Does Mazda 6 has this DEF, or where to find this?
Regards
Diesel exhaust fluid? Is this the same with Volkswagen Jetta, the one that you put in a separate tank? I think it's called Ad blue.

I have the diesel variant and I don't put anything similar to Volkswagen.

·
Rally Racer
2,537 Posts
Wouldn't the chances of there being an error code in the event of a clogged cat quite high?

Jayzee, what is your mileage? maybe try to use some fuel system cleaner.
There is often no code (perhaps fuel mixture error secondary to clog) for restricted exhaust. In petrol engines we usually pull an O2 sensor out and see if performance improves, check intake vacuum level as it changes with acceleration or visually inspect.
The Mazda 2.2 should use a urea solution (called a number of different things) that is added to an auxiliary tank next to the diesel fill point. If the vehicle runs out of that solution it will usually announce with instrument lights and often times an audible notification as well. The vehicle will then go into a number of limp modes including limiting rev and/or speed. If left this way too long damage occurs.

What a previous user mentioned regarding inability to rev is accurate. A restricted exhaust (usually catalyst) or restricted fuel are the two most likely reasons a motor will not rev.

If there is a fuel filter it is always advisable to check that (although this occurs less frequently in modern times)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The Mazda 2.2 should use a urea solution (called a number of different things) that is added to an auxiliary tank next to the diesel fill point. If the vehicle runs out of that solution it will usually announce with instrument lights and often times an audible notification as well. The vehicle will then go into a number of limp modes including limiting rev and/or speed. If left this way too long damage occurs.

)
I have the diesel variant and I don't put urea solution. I don't have a small tank similar to Jetta where you put the urea.

I have the 2018 model, so things might have changed from the older ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts