Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im getting ready to put a after market stereo in my 6. i was browsing around my car today trying to figure out how im gonna set and mount everything. then i got to thinkin how im gonna run the power cable. i looked all over the firewall for a hole or plug or something and i didnt see a damn thing. so im just wondering how you guys are running your power cable. any special little spots on the fire wall that i missed?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
do a search. it's been covered too many times to count.

if you have an ATX, the safest & easiest is to drill through the plastic plate that covers where the clutch would go. otherwise, my vote is for drilling your own hole between the clutch & ECU harness. always use a rubber/plastic grommet & look twice before drilling.

many here will advise to cut a hole in that ECU harness grommet & run the wire through. this is an option, but if you nick a wire it could be a major problem. that's happened to other members here too.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah, I just had to run my power cable today. What a pain. I did the cut in the wire harnes grommet and pushed it through the firewall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts