Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm talking to one of the guys at CPE about developing a license plate frame for us. We need to have a count of people who would be interested in this in order to get started. Basically it would look similar to the ones Injen and AEM give out with their Cold Air Intakes (see pics below).

We have two choices:
Billet Aluminum (around $30)

Black Plastic (probably around $12, just waiting for confirmation from CPE)

Please list your user name and what frame (billet or plastic) you would be interested in. If you know anyone else from other car clubs that would be interested as well, please give them a heads up, the faster we can get numbers, the faster we can begin the process.

1. DjLethal6 (plastic)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
So I'm talking to one of the guys at CPE about developing a license plate frame for us. We need to have a count of people who would be interested in this in order to get started. Basically it would look similar to the ones Injen and AEM give out with their Cold Air Intakes (see pics below).

We have two choices:

Please list your user name and what frame (billet or plastic) you would be interested in. If you know anyone else from other car clubs that would be interested as well, please give them a heads up, the faster we can get numbers, the faster we can begin the process.

1. DjLethal6 (plastic)
2. Iluv2zmzm (plastic)

·
Registered
8 Posts

We have two choices:
IPB Image

IPB Image

1. DjLethal6 (plastic)
2. Iluv2zmzm (plastic)
3. Joshua06 (plastic)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i'd like the aluminum one if its a simple cp-e design, like with just the name. or if it looked like this

*-----------CP-E------------*
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
*-------pwns n00bz--------*

·
Registered
36 Posts
sorry to be a 'negative nancy' but why do people pay companies to so they can turn around and advertise for them?

If CP-E was interested in giving them away to the fine outstanding Mazda 6 club members- then i'd be interested in advertising their name on my car.

Food for thought peeps.

repo

·
Registered
98 Posts

We have two choices:
IPB Image

IPB Image

1. DjLethal6 (plastic)
2. Iluv2zmzm (plastic)
3. Joshua06 (plastic)
4.CatD399 (plastic, flat black) *please note: i'm still sailing so i might be unreachable for a while...

PS: what's the license plate size you guys have? will it fit Québec licenses??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Mad! est-ce que tu sais si les plaques sont les mêmes tailles en NA?
mon char est a cochrane et je ne peux pas mesurer..... :(

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry to be a 'negative nancy' but why do people pay companies to so they can turn around and advertise for them?

If CP-E was interested in giving them away to the fine outstanding Mazda 6 club members- then i'd be interested in advertising their name on my car.

Food for thought peeps.

repo
[/b]

I totally understand your point of view. I'm actually totally against advertising on my car unless someone is paying me for it. A good reason why I have taken all the badges off my car, but for this appilcation, I need something back there. Otherwise the plate just looks naked. What I usually end of doing is color matching the plate anyways, so the "advertising" isn't as blantant.

Good point though.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Rofl.... AEM... and ther companies GIVE AWAY plates with their logo on em...

CP-E has made some nice mods... but i've also PAID OUT THE ASS for them... no discounts.. or deals for having CPE logos and such anywhere...

I'm sorry but... no

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Rofl.... AEM... and ther companies GIVE AWAY plates with their logo on em...

CP-E has made some nice mods... but i've also PAID OUT THE ASS for them... no discounts.. or deals for having CPE logos and such anywhere...

I'm sorry but... no
[/b]
Well, someone is REQUESTING to have it made. It's not like they have in the back of their warehouse and are selling it.

Why would any company give away something that someone ask them to make for them?

·
Registered
235 Posts
1. DjLethal6 (plastic)
2. Iluv2zmzm (plastic)
3. Joshua06 (plastic)
4.CatD399 (plastic, flat black) *please note: i'm still sailing so i might be unreachable for a while...
5. R_sinist (Plastic)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Good point Dawei213... But then I just remember people pay money to buy APC and other decals to slap allover their cars... when 90% of them don't have the parts... I wouldn't even expect a discount on CP-E parts to put their logo somewhere on the outside of my vehicle.. However untill I get some more CP-e shizit installed... i'll pass for now I think...

If/when they get dual exhaust ... exhaust fabbed up that sounds good... and quality frontmount... I'll probably look into displaying cp-e somewhere on my vehicle... considering i have BOV kit.. intake.. DP... and... with that other stuff... full exhaust + Front mount from same company.... probalby good time to let everyone know =)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would encourage the owners of CP-E and users of this forum to request that CP-E makes these kinds of things and give them out at shows, track meets or special deals with their other fine products.

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
ya sorry but I don't see the point of this. there are so many nice frames out there that don't have any company name on it. I just have a nice plain chrome frame and it looks great, I am probably going to go with a darker carbon fiber frame as I get to blacking out my tail lights and mazda logo...

I am also against any free advertisements on my car, if I were cp-e I would be making these and giving them away with the intake (free advertisement).

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Sorry, but I agree with the nay sayers......

So there....1...2....aaaaaaaaaand no!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
1. DjLethal6 (plastic)
2. Iluv2zmzm (plastic)
3. Joshua06 (plastic)
5. R_sinist (Plastic)
6. CLTatenza (Plastic)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
1. DjLethal6 (plastic)
2. Iluv2zmzm (plastic)
3. Joshua06 (plastic)
5. R_sinist (Plastic)
6. CLTatenza (Plastic)
7. Justins6s (Plastic)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
free advertisement, hmmm so what do you guys think you are doing when you wear your Nike, Reebok, Adidas sneakers?? perhaps Abercrombie & Fitch shirt w/ their name right on the front?? how about that baseball cap with New Era written on it?? how bout those Levi Jeans and Polo shirts?? that bottle of Pepsi, Coke?? unless you are all getting paid to wear that stuff, we are all walking billboards.... now put that in your pipe and smoke it ;)

:drive:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts