Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this killer deal from a neighbour. A 1994 sport coupe red Chevy Lumina with column shifter, sport bench seating, 3 speed auto with 15" low profile tires. Also has tinted windows and chrome exhaust . He's only asking 12000 U.S. but I think I can get him down to 11000. Only has 110000 miles.

My friends think I'm nuts but I think I'm really getting a good deal. I really want this car because I think it could become a classic. Am I paying too much?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: potential classic

Any amount of money is too much for a Lumina :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reading Topic: poten

Just so you guys know I'm serious, let me be more specific.

This car has DUAL chrome exhaust and the upholstery has been redone to match the '78 Monte Carlo, very chic. Brand new paint job(bright red, looks like new) no surface rust and the wheel wells are small on that car so the 15" look very sporty on it.

I took it out for a drive and even though it's the stock engine it had good pick-up especially at highway speeds and ran smooth.It handled better than I thought, apparently the '94 had a tighter suspension. I did get a few looks on the highway. The neighbour never drove it in the winter and has babied the car. He always put synthetic oil and regularly flushed all the fluids.

He said as long as I maintain it and store it in the winter in a couple of years it would probably appreciate in value as it would become a classic. I know the car was nothing special when it came out but it now has that retro look that makes it quite stylish IMO.

Anyways he said I have a week to decide before he puts it in the auto trader and he's gonna ask 13K. I just need some opinions on the potential of it becoming a classic and whether I should go for it and what a fair price would be. I don't want to get ripped off.

·
Registered
174 Posts

FWIW, I bought a 1994 car for $11,000... in 1998 with only 50k miles. Now I'll sell it to you for $10,500. :p

A 1994 sedan silver Toyota Camry V6 XLE with floor shifter, leather seating, 4 speed auto with 15" Goodyear Aquatread tires. Also has power windows and rear exhaust. Did I mention sunroof and spoiler? I'm only asking 10500 U.S. but I think you can get me down to 4000. Only has 102841 miles.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

count blah...don't forget it's going to be an instant classic too....and will appreciate in value!

-yasir

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: poten

I hope you're not serious with that post of yours, are you?
A 1994 sport coupe red Chevy Lumina[/b]
Only has 110000 miles[/b]
The neighbour never drove it in the winter and has babied the car[/b]
Does your neighbour work on the moon during summer?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

When's the last time you've seen a 4 door bright red Lumina with chrome exhaust on the road? Nuff said, it's the most original thing on th road. Tell me how it wouldn't appreciate in value. It's a V6 and the thing can fly. My neighbour said that all the babying he's done to the car has produced 0-60 times of less than 7 seconds. He's my neighbour for christsakes, don't think he would want to rip me off.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Originally posted by williard
A 1994 sport coupe red Chevy Lumina with column shifter[/b]
Originally posted by williard
            When's the last time you've seen a 4 door bright red Lumina with chrome exhaust on the road?[/b]
Well, which is it, a sport coupe or a 4-door?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

My only question is what on earth made you think anyone on this board would know anything about the collectibility of old Chevy Luminas or who you thought would care.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: potential classic

I meant 4 door, this particular car looks so sporty a coupe came to mind. With it's clean lines it looks very muscular, looks faster than it actually is but don't get me wrong it's stil pretty damn fast. I'm still sitting on the fence whether to snatch it up. IT'S REALLY TEMPTING!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'potential classic'

Originally posted by kenoka

My only question is what on earth made you think anyone on this board would know anything about the collectibility of old Chevy Luminas or who you thought would care.[/b]
YEE-HA!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reading Topic: Readi

For all you naysayers out there, the December issue of "Classic Cars" has a neat little article on the Lumina RS under the heading "sleeper pick". Not only do the cars have very good looks but it may be considered an investment as well. The more I look at that article the more I'm leaning toward getting it. Everybody here obviously do not understand the criteria of what makes a car "classic". I've always had a thing for Luminas anyways and they are very underrated .

·
Registered
262 Posts

At best, no matter how "babied" that car is, it's only worth around $4000. If you think you should pay any more than that for a '94 Lumina with 110,000 miles on it because you think it'll become "a classic", you deserve to be ripped off.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.