Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stopped by a local Mazda store yesterday to take a look at a M/S Protege, but got distracted by all the 6's they had on the lot. I was wandering around, checking out the models with sport-package when I came across one I hadnt seen before; a fully loaded 6 s with sport package.....AND a manual! I thought to myself, I must drive this thing.

So I did and it was a night and day difference over my car. Probably not, but since I dislike my car so much these days, I probably would have been impressed by ANYthing smooth running and brand new.

When we got back to the lot, the sales guy checked his inventory and CLAIMS they wont have any more manuals V6's for awhile. I couldnt get my car appraised because the sales mgr was gone for the day, but Im going in first thing Monday. If the numbers look acceptable, I'll have a black V6 this time tomorrow. Im sure I'll take a hit (almost CERTAIN I will); but oh well, it's worth it to have what I want.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Possibly getting another 6

Cool. You could be the first to trade in the 6 for a...6! :)

Let us know. And you know...that's right...pics!!!

·
Registered
736 Posts

Interesting. Could you go into specifics as to why the s was so much better? You make it seem now as if the i4 is underpowered in comparison. :p

·
Registered
305 Posts

Casper,

Hope it works out for you. The manual transmission 6s is sweeeeet... It almost got me to buy a manual and I find manuals a pain in the butt. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Possibly getting another 6'

me and my soon to be wife have a speed yellow 6s and I will buy one as soon as the NAV is out. I think I am going to go with the red fire. :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I hope they don't bite you in the ass too hard on this deal, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: Possi

I guess there's a little misunderstanding here. I don't think he already owns one. Or does he?

But the lubricating jelly would help him anyway :D

I probably would have been impressed by ANYthing smooth running and brand new[/b]

·
Registered
980 Posts

:D :D :D :D :D
I am pretty sure he's already got a 6i.

Hope everything works out for you Casper, and hope you wont be needing that lubricant. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hey folks,

Well, I didnt get it after all. I was all set to, and actually negotiated what I felt was a fair offer for my 6, but someone swooped in and bought it before I could get back to the lot. The salesman I worked with had it literally hidden in the back, but supposedly they had someone offer to pay cash for it, so you know the rest.

Ah well, its my own fault. I should have left a deposit, or took it with me like they offered :)

·
Registered
117 Posts

Casper can you give a hint on what was the offer for your 6i?

I wonder how does Mazda6 hold its value/or how quickly it deprecates...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

GOOD NEWS!! For me anyway :D

My salesman called and, after apologizing profusely for like 2 minutes, told me that the 6 that was sold was a black AUTOMATIC, not the 5 speed MANUAL. It was a miscommunication on their end, but the car is definitely still there, mainly because it's still "hidden" in the back. So, as soon as I can get away from work, it's MINE :D
Of all days for me to be STUCK at work :sarc

I'll be back tonight with pics, if I have time to run by my house and get my digi cam.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Casper6i: Could you expand further why you didn't like your 4-cyl 6 (AT or MT?) so much that you would go so far as to trade in a practically new car for another one?

·
Registered
70 Posts

Originally posted by arock

Casper6i: Could you expand further why you didn't like your 4-cyl 6 (AT or MT?) so much that you would go so far as to trade in a practically new car for another one?[/b]
He test drove a 6s manual... 'nuff said... :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Possibly getting another 6'

Is that what happened? I thought it's because he was having problems with his car. Don't remember what those problems were though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Possibly getting another 6'

He complained about something with his engine. Something about how it wasn't as powerful any more and that he was getting bad gas mileage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts