Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out guys, i found this on a spanish website talking about the 2003 Tokyo Auto Salon. This info is translated into English:

" GReddy for this opportunity was showing its work in developing a new system of I disturb for the Mazda Atenza, (well-known like Mazda 6 in the USA) because the Japanese version comes in 4 cylinders and the American in 6 cylinders, but the work of Greedy has focused aggressively in turbos and efficient conversions to cover both necessities."

What does this mean???--"both necessities"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reading Topic: Possible turbo for the V6

Post the address so someone who can read Spanish could make a real translation.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I would like to make a turbo kit for the 4 cylinder model. I need a car to do the kit. So any one in Texas want to donate their car to science for a week. please call me.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Whoa, !!! If any of you 6i guys are in Texas, get your butt over to Ric's. This guy is very respected in the Miata community.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

I think a supercharger is a more feasible option for the V6. But the problem is that it took almost a year for any company to put out 1 for an accord V6 so I see the wait being alot longer for us 6 owners.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Possible turbo for the V6'

Ric from RacingMazda.com is a very respectable guy who builds quality turbo kits for first & second gen probes/mx6's. He built my T3 mannifold for my '88 mx6. Anyone in/near Texas should get ahold of him. He also builds kits for the miata ;)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

I say we gather up a bunch of 6s owners and space out calling these companies (one person per day) to give them an idea of the demand. Maybe we can get something going.

The response from Superchargersonline.com:

Right now I have not heard of any manufactures making a kit for this
vehicle. What you may want to do is call some of the major brands so they
can get an idea of what the demand is like. More calls they get the more
likely they will make a kit for it unless if it is not possible. You may
just want to call them up.

Vortech - 805-247-0226
Procharger - 913-338-2886
Jackson Racing - 805-681-3410

Good luck.

Thank you,

Tony Thompson
SuperchargersOnline.com
818-729-0380

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

And don't forget Kenne Bell, since he already made superchargers for the Tribute/Escape 3.0L V6.

(909) 941-6646
[email protected]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

If you guys want to check out the Tokyo Auto Salon story, here is the webpage: www.xtreme-tuning.com/htm/reportajes/ tokyoautosalon2003/1.htm

Again, be aware its in Spanish....i got the translation through the internet. As for the supercharger, i called Vortech and they said that there a lot of projects on their board and that right now they haven't even looked at the 6, or even any mazda for that matter. They said there are only doing Hondas right now.....but i guess other companies can use their blowers....as i saw a Jetta VR6 with a vortech style blower put in by Fifteen2. I hope it doesn't take too long for some FI to come out for the 6s....and i hope the trannys can take the boost. I don't want a repeat of the Honda Accord v6 situation.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

What are the chances that Duratec Performance will do F/I work with the Duratec engine? I don't see any turbo or supercharger kits on their site, though.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

I'm pretty sure that DP is going to do any turbo/super work on the i4 first. first, there are more of them, and everyone else in the world only gets the I4. Second, there is a ton more room in the engine bay for the I4, which will make R&D much easier. Its possible there may not be enough room in the V6 for a super/turbo, although I'm sure if you really try you can make anything fit. To be honest, I think you'll do just fine with bolt-ons and fuel tuning for the V6, do you really want 300 HP going through a FWD car? The V6 is a great engine, its just needs a little more refinement. I don't want to screw up the balance of the car. Not to mention, less opportunity to scrwew up your warranty...just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by Brillo

To be honest, I think you'll do just fine with bolt-ons and fuel tuning for the V6, do you really want 300 HP going through a FWD car?  [/b]
Not without an LSD!

The V6 is a great engine, its just needs a little more refinement. I don't want to screw up the balance of the car. Not to mention, less opportunity to scrwew up your warranty...just my 2 cents[/b]
I would tend to agree. I don't know if I'd go for F/I in the end. I'm really interested in seeing what the addition of high flow, catback mufflers will do with the Duratec header mod. That along with fuel tuning should be good for ballpark 250hp (maybe as much as up to 270hp?). I've got my eye on exhaust and ECU mods right now (for power increase).

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

UPDATE: I called Kenne Bell and they said that they have a Mazda 6 in right now (V6 model). But they also said that they have a lot of projects going on and it might be a year or so before any supercharger comes out for the 6s. But i'm thinking if we get more people to call in, maybe they'll get the project started faster.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts

Well I will bug the hell out of them. Need More Power!!

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

Originally posted by CaImPoRtTuNeR

UPDATE: I called Kenne Bell and they said that they have a Mazda 6 in right now (V6 model). But they also said that they have a lot of projects going on and it might be a year or so before any supercharger comes out for the 6s.  But i'm thinking if we get more people to call in, maybe they'll get the project started faster.[/b]
Seriously, KB had a replacement supercharger kit for the 03 Cobra only a few months after it came out. Come on everyone, email KB and let Jim Bell know how badly we want a supercharger for the 6.

·
Registered
298 Posts

Does anyone know about how much it would cost to buy a Supercharger or a Turbo?? and how much it would cost to install it??

Also i know i u install a turbo its good that you get a intercooler..are there any other accessories that one should buy if getting either the Turbo or Supercharger??

thanks guys
Elmer

·
Registered
76 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Possible turbo for the V6

eduartejr: a turbo or supercharger can be from 3,000 to up over 5,000. For a turbo, you will want to get an intercooler, and depending on the internals on the car, U might need bigger injectors, stronger rods and pistons, and fuel pump. A company will need to come out w/ a way to re map the ECU for the different mods. There are a lot of things that go into it. A lot of people slap on a turbo, turn up the boost, and about a month later, their car is blown.

Cost of installing would vary, depending on what you get. But don't go cheap. But nobody has really worked on these cars, so it will be hard to find sobody that knows what they are doing. but expect 1,500+

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

I did my part, e-mail [email protected] hope everyone else did too

·
Registered
75 Posts

they should be the first out of the gate. They allready make one for the 3.0 in the escape/tribute.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

thats promising news

1 - 20 of 39 Posts