Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car won't get into gear. I can put it into any gear without putting in the clutch but it will still act like its in neutral, just rev up. I can move the stick around to anygear without putting the clutch down while the car is off also. Any ideas of what this could be and how much it would cost, its a MS6.
Thanks for the help.
-Davkal

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Ouch..damn. Not entirely sure it's the transmission...it could be the clutch. Second guess would be the transmission input shaft might be broken.

It shouldn't cost anything....or are you out of warranty?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the car is pretty much new, so the warrenty should cover it then. Anyother ideas?
-davkal

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Just get it fixed under warranty. It sounds like its something between the shifter assembly and the transmission. When my clutch exploded I wasn't able to get into any gear while the car was on, since I was still locked out because of the shift gates. And if they do open the tranny pop in a lightened flywheel and a better clutch! and maybe even the phantom grip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
xshellshock
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing