Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered replacement fog lights for my 06' 6s and when they get here i realize the website was wrong. They said that the foglights are H3's come to find out that 03-05 was H3 and 06 is H11. Does anyone know if I could change out my foglights to accept H3 lights?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I ordered replacement fog lights for my 06' 6s and when they get here i realize the website was wrong. They said that the foglights are H3's come to find out that 03-05 was H3 and 06 is H11. Does anyone know if I could change out my foglights to accept H3 lights?
[/b]
Be cheaper to ship them back for the right size.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they don't make these bulbs in h11 otherwise i would. well that and i bought them from singapore as i can't find a store in the states that sells piaa spark's.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Then the answer is no, not really, as far as I know. It is a totally different lamp base.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm then know anyone that needs h3's lol. dunno what i'll do i will probably just buy the one's from RPM in a H11 so i can finally finish my lighting.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I asked Donny at the RPM Store what the H1, H3, etc. meant, because I've never seen them before, and he said according to his sources the fogs should be H3s, but he told me to check my owners manual. Sure enough I check and they're H11s, H3s are for the older models.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just want something that matches the tint of my high/low beams right now as i replaced them with 8000k piaa sparks. any recommendations on H11's in something other than 4000k? say a 6500K or a yellow one.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
piaa spark 8000K's. they aren't cheap but they're amazing output and color for non-hid. i have h1's in my highs right now and lows will be done this week or next.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i just want something that matches the tint of my high/low beams right now as i replaced them with 8000k piaa sparks. any recommendations on H11's in something other than 4000k? say a 6500K or a yellow one.
[/b]
I have 4000k PIAAs on my lows and and I kept the stock ones for my highs since I barely use them, but on the fog lights I went with PIAA H11 PLASMA ION YELLOW and I love them. I gotta try to do the fog light mod now so that I can only keep the fogs and the halos (coming soon) on w/o the lows :D

If you wanna see somes pics, just click on my coast2coast.com link :drive:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts