Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only does Kenne Bell make his headline making twin-screw superchargers for the 3.0L Escape and Tribute, but it appears Eaton has one for the 3.0L "Vulcan" Taurus engine.

Now I haven't removed the cover over the engine, but aren't the drive belts on the passenger side? The Vulcan 3.0 looks quite similar (Design-wise) to the 3.0 in the 6. Check out this link and tell me what you think:

http://www.vindustries.com/taurus/scvulcan.html

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Possible Superchargers?'

I would prefer this from Vortech.

On a Taurus SHO

385HP 308 ft/lbs torque!! at 12 psi

Dyno graph

Gee, doesn't everybody enjoy white knuckle driving.

·
Registered
127 Posts

The only problem with this kit is the placement of the ABS module on the Mazda6.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: Possible Superchargers?

How 'bout a nice roots type supercharger...say, from Eaton? I haven't gotten my 6 yet so I haven't had the chance to once over the engine compartment. They usually bolt on to the intake side. Any room?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by jackalvt

The only problem with this kit is the placement of the ABS module on the Mazda6.[/b]
The Vortech can be mounted on the other end with a shaft across the front to pick up the drive off the crank. Remove the airbox and relocate the battery to the trunk.

But there are the problems of the electronic throtle, and returnless fuel system among others.

·
Registered
127 Posts

After looking at the clearance for the vortech setup, with the blower on the other end of the engine (ie, the intake side); I don't think that there is enough room between the the engine and the radiator. I could be wrong, but it looks very tight to me. I can take pictures if anyone is interested. Also for the eaton blower there is very little room for a belt to exist on the pulley side of the engine. I have a picture of that side of the engine here.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

BTW: Happy birthday LBJay :)

·
Registered
37 Posts

looking at the engine compartment of my 6s I would say there's more room on the drivers side that passenger side...

superchargers are a bit much for FWD cars. A turbo is a better choice (performance wise).

Me I prefer a little shot of juice... it's there only when I need it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts