Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Possible Grimmspeed bcs fail (nevermind, problem solved)

Yesterday after work, I install the grimmspeed bcs i got from the group buy at the other forum. I installed it in 2port mode, capping off port 3.

After driving around i opened up the car and it boosted 18psi and stayed.(no spike!) I was pretty happy with that.

Driving home however, i boosted the car a little and notice a rattling noise. It sounded like metal being shaking around in a plastic container. I dont think its the turbo due to the fact it only happens under part throttle, low boost. Im thinking its the boost solenoid but im not sure what moving parts are inside a boost solenoid.

Im able to reproduce to the noise at will. Like i said, it only happens under part throttle, low boost. The car is not knocking(according to AP), engine sounds normal on idle and turbo is boosting fine.

Tonite im going to put the stock bcs back on to see if its def the grimmspeed bcs, but would like other opinions on what it could be.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
this is normal. this is the sound that the Bsc makes when its operating. dont be alarmed haha

if you wanna test it put the thing on the firewall and pull out from a light kinda quick with a short burst of throttle and u will hear it.

btw i have one for sale if anyone wants it. im sticking to spring pressure for now. send me a PM.

Reactions: jgrangers4

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long its normal, then im happy, lol. Thanks for the quick response.

I did put the supplied rubber grommets but ill prob put more to lower the sound.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
I did put the supplied rubber grommets but ill prob put more to lower the sound.
The supplied rubber grommet and washer don't actually keep the studs from touching the bracket. They only keep the bracket from touching the firewall. I bought new grommets and inserted them into the bracket, after widening the holes a bit with a file. Noise was greatly reduced.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The supplied rubber grommet and washer don't actually keep the studs from touching the bracket. They only keep the bracket from touching the firewall. I bought new grommets and inserted them into the bracket, after widening the holes a bit with a file. Noise was greatly reduced.
Im going to do similiar to what jmhinkle did, wish they came with a similiar bracket. Most likely im going to drill out the holes a little and insert grommets. Im also going to put a piece of rubber behind the bcs against the firewall. The bcs is right against it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts