Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised to get back to you guys when the swedish motorshow Motorjournalen had made the test of Mazda6.

Well, it was on ten minutes ago.

It scored an average of 4,0 out of 5. It was given 4 points in all different aspects, like handling, economy, design, space/comfort etc.

In fact, the tester said nothing negative, except for...that's right...he said there was a bit road noise, but said that this is the ordinary compromise between "sport" and "comfort" as he put it.

He also commented on the paint (they tested the yellow hatch). He said it had some nice effects to it giving it a big depth - this is what we've all seen, and it obviously goes for all colors too. Perhaps it has something to do with the clear paint not being completely clear or something. I don't know.

Anyway, to sum this up: the tester liked the 6. He liked the design, the handling, the interior, the comfort and everything else about it. Good 4 him!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Positive TV-review...'

Hmm a little dissapointed. Feels like they just rushed to get a test. Well well. A little surprised though that they tested the hatch!

·
Registered
350 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

I promised to get back to you guys when the swedish motorshow Motorjournalen had made the test of Mazda6.

Well, it was on ten minutes ago.

It scored an average of 4,0 out of 5. It was given 4 points in all different aspects, like handling, economy, design, space/comfort etc.

In fact, the tester said nothing negative, except for...that's right...he said there was a bit road noise, but said that this is the ordinary compromise between "sport" and "comfort" as he put it.

He also commented on the paint (they tested the yellow hatch). He said it had some nice effects to it giving it a big depth - this is what we've all seen, and it obviously goes for all colors too. Perhaps it has something to do with the clear paint not being completely clear or something. I don't know.

Anyway, to sum this up: the tester liked the 6. He liked the design, the handling, the interior, the comfort and everything else about it. Good 4 him![/b]
Isn't it so that all paints that have Mica produce this fantastic effects in sun light?
If it is so all paints except Classic red, sparkling silver, silver contrail, titanium grey and arctic white will have this effect!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

You see, Matt, that what Blackbird meant was that the test was very short, and not so much flesh on the bones, so to speak.

But the tester did mention the phrase "best in its class..." :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Originally posted by junkan

Isn't it so that all paints that have Mica produce this fantastic effects in sun light?
If it is so all paints except Classic red, sparkling silver, silver contrail, titanium grey and arctic white will have this effect![/b]
Probably.:)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yes, it's probably a great color! Just make sure to handwash it (no automatic car washers) so you don't scratch that clear paint. Otherwise you'll regret the choice of a dark mica...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Oh btw, Silver contrail and Sparkling silver are micas also...:)

·
Registered
350 Posts

Not in my catalogue, it's metallic.

Handwash of course haven't had a car in Automatic wash for ten years.

I think I have earned over 1500$ in higher value on my used cars during this period:)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I thought that mica and metallic was the same thing (we talked about this in another thread a month or so ago). If I'm wrong, I stand corrected. Then also, could you care to explain?

Yes, it is a dark color in the aspect that you will see any tiny scratch on mark on the paint from like miles away...makes it grow old very fast...:sarc

·
Registered
350 Posts

I don't know the the actual differance between mica and metallic but it is a differance, I searched the web yeasterday whithout finding a good explanation.

Best colour for durability is of course silver, looks good even when it is quite dirty.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I know, that's why I chose the Silver contrail.

Even though I didn't like it the best. I would have preferred a blue or perhaps a garnet red...

But after three years with a blue metallic 626 I know what age does to a dark metallic with clear paint (and I'm not always able to handwash...)

·
Registered
350 Posts

This is btw what I found about Mica:
1.Mica paint is more durable and it gives very attractive getup. This car is available in three mica shades. Imperial Red , Indian Blue, Amazon green. We strongly recommend mica paint.

2.Pearlescent/Mica Paint:
These finishes differ from Solid/Metallic Paint finishes by inclusion of variable amounts of Pearlescent/Mica Tinters, Colour Chips, Tinted Primers and Tinted Lacquers. All of these will vary per job dependent upon paint supplier, vehicle, paint finish and colour.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Okay, now I get it.

They blend some stuff in the metallic to enhance the metallic effect. And they tint the clear paint.

Beautiful.

But...

Can you imagine if you damage a car with this paint...it's almost impossible to blend a metallic to the exact nuance - so what about mica? Completely hopeless, I'd presume!!

But they sure are nice...:D

·
Registered
350 Posts

I think you're right there.

I don't want to crash my mica car it's probably almost impossible to get same shading in repainting :(

Found one explanition from the mica distributor:
In addition to its many uses in the electrical industry, mica has many
applications as additives and fillers in several other industries. Mica
paint, made by adding powdered mica to paint formulations, is more
durable and provides an attractive pearlescent finish, particularly to
automobiles.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Okay, I understand the process. But I wonder what the "mica" substance is, I can't find the word in any dictionaries...

And whatever you do: don't crash your 6!

(As a coincindence, I just got my car back today from the paintshop. It had to get a makeover on a door and som polishing before I trade it in...):sarc

·
Registered
350 Posts

Sorry to hear :(

Got a better definition here:
MICA COLOR:

Colors containing various sizes and/or colors of mica. Mica flakes have several optical characteristics allowing light to reflect, pass through and absorb. When added to color alone or with metallic flake, cause the color to look different depending on the angle of view.

Maybe this is an answer to you:
http://micasales.com/ :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts