Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i have a pc and i got mine in a package deal, but that seams like a pretty good pricem, and as for how to use it goes check out autopia, it is by far the best place to learn how to use one with certain products and techniques. its a life saver.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a pc and i got mine in a package deal, but that seams like a pretty good pricem, and as for how to use it goes check out autopia, it is by far the best place to learn how to use one with certain products and techniques. its a life saver.
[/b]

Thats what i want. Now just post a link where it is and then this will be a one stop thread on how to use the porta-cable.

Anyone else who postest here please be clear in your post and try to link to others or sites with info.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't know how much shipping is at that place you quoted above, but there's some on eBay for $104.99 with shipping for around $11...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice polisher but they have simular at Wally World for way cheaper. I believe they used to carry a brand that was made by a company of Porter Cable. If you dont use these everyday or weekly then it might be a valid option. If you are buffing your paint weekly then get in good with a paint shop.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m not sure if I get your humor. But this topic is about Porter-cable and yes it is a hyphen and not two words. Also you can safely use this once a month for the rest of the cars life. Because you will not be using a harsh abrasive you will use a gentle wax. If you use the PORTER-CABLE once a month then there is no time for the paint to be damaged. Also it's not the tool that will harm the paint it's the dumb ass who doesn't know how to use the tool. Thus the reason for this thread.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The cheaper one I was talking about is the one I said would hold for years to occasional use. BTW if you are using a polisher on that liquid wax you are doing no harm, but just being a little lazy. If you are using the higher grade waxes they tend to wear after awhile onthe paint. There was no talk about a dumb ass using the machine so that must have come from some form of self guilt there. If this is the brand you like then go for it, not my dollar. I jsut wanted topoint out that to make something "shine" as in waxing you do 1 or both of 2 things. You remove the high spots or fill inthe low spots. If you are regularly using a buffer this does wear at the high spots. With the quality of waxes these days you only really have to apply them once or twice a year. You can use the easy liquids between these for that fresh shine.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry if I offended you. I will be more sensitive in the future, really. The porter-cable 7424 polisher has worked for me for 5 years no problem. Also I have kids and a wife with little time for hand waxing. So anything that can speed up the process is a great thing for me. It may also do a better job then hand waxing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I got my Porter Cable 7336 from Lowe's on sale for $99+10% off for a total of $89 plus tax. The 7336 is the same thing as a 7424.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I got my Porter Cable 7336 from Lowe's on sale for $99+10% off for a total of $89 plus tax. The 7336 is the same thing as a 7424.
[/b]
damn that is a really good price

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is a great place to get tips. There are videos at the bottom of the page. You sub in your own polish for the brand that they are useing. Just make sure you read the back of the bottle there are some that say NOT TO USE WITH POWER TOOLS.

How To Vid

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah when I got it it was a 1 week special, plus I had the 10% off coupon so it worked out even better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts