Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Man, if my leg wasn't broken and I could drive, I would completely consider this. As it goes, my car just sits and I can't even work on it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
QUOTE (charles @ Nov 2 2009, 01:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1613663
OK i think we might want to take on this test but we need a test car. If you are interest these are the things we want to qualify..

STOCK MANIFOLD with no vtcs taken out and a tuner If you are interested and want to find out more then please PM me. We will do a before and after test. Meaning we will do a couple of pulls the way you bring the car in. Then once the manifold is installed then we will dyno it again. Once we are done we will post the dyno number with a summary. BY the way the manifold will be FREE just give me your manifold!!!!

Doesn't matter of your currently mods stock or other wise we just need a completely stock manifold. By the way i already have a ported intake so this take can be done in one day!![/b]
I have a stock car. Could be interesting...

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
QUOTE (charles @ Nov 2 2009, 05:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1613732
QUOTE (aviator79 @ Nov 2 2009, 01:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1613671
Im still curious if there is any real difference in a mani with VTCS and lump removed and one that has been ported. Prove that to me.[/b]
Well if we had time to pull all these manifolds off and test them then maybe. But if you are going to go through all that then i would port it while it is out of the car the first time!!
[/b][/quote]

I didn’t port it and I truthfully thing there is little to no gain after a VTCS removal and lump removal unless you do head porting. Im sure its nice and all to say I have a ported intake but Im thinking that after removing the VTCS and lump you just wasting time. That’s all im saying...maybe im wrong so that’s why I said the above, but not really important to me. Just to the people that are paying to have theirs ported when there is nothing to be gained.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
QUOTE (aviator79 @ Nov 3 2009, 04:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1614009
Well if we had time to pull all these manifolds off and test them then maybe. But if you are going to go through all that then i would port it while it is out of the car the first time!!

I didn’t port it and I truthfully thing there is little to no gain after a VTCS removal and lump removal unless you do head porting. Im sure its nice and all to say I have a ported intake but Im thinking that after removing the VTCS and lump you just wasting time. That’s all im saying...maybe im wrong so that’s why I said the above, but not really important to me. Just to the people that are paying to have theirs ported when there is nothing to be gained.[/b]
the stock intake runners are smaller then the head runners. thats why porting nets u more power, maby not crazy much but i could def tell the difference up top.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No takers? ooooook........ I have 5 ported intakes sitting here ready to go on!! I am working on porting the turbine housing right now pics later..

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
You still need a test mule? Might be a couple weeks for me though.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Info on this will be updated soon stay TUNED... LOL!!

QUOTE (whoosh @ Nov 4 2009, 01:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1614165
whatcha think of my SRT port work?[/b]
Its alright....... LOL really good job. i wish i had taken a picture of mine when before i put it in the car.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Whoosh, I hate you with that log mani...jealous really. Looks good.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
STAND BY testing in progress..................................................

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
QUOTE (superskaterxes @ Nov 3 2009, 08:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1614050
the stock intake runners are smaller then the head runners. thats why porting nets u more power, maby not crazy much but i could def tell the difference up top.[/b]
Just to clarity this sentace, are you saying that you had an intake that had VTCS and lump removed then you had it ported and you felt an increace up top just from porting or are you saying after the VTCS and bump removed and port done then you could feel an increase up top, which again is the point im trying to make (how much can be gained from porting the OEM IM w/o doing head work, larger TB ect..) I know Im getting anoying on this here, but just trying to justify/unjustify all the work that the porting takes. I feel it doesnt gain anything for all the work it takes so I left the 1/2 shiny area alone. I dont have tools to reach into the runners very far.

I didnt know the runners were smaller on the intake thou as I remember jmhinkle saying he trimed his spacer to make the larger ported IM holes line up with the now smaller head...

Also were do I buy that spacer? i got the meth kit to install and want to throw one on. Was it race roots? im allowed on the other forum again, but its been so long I dont remeber...

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Charles, are you doing the porting while we wait on the edge of our seats? Give us some results!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts