Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a list of all of the port installed accessories Mazda offers (on the 6I MT); but I have no idea what a port installed accessory is. Is this done by the factory. And if so, when?

More importantly, ABS and Traction control is listed as a port installed accessory. From Mazda's website, I am unable to add ABS with the other options that I want. So would it be possible to order the car with the normal options I want, and then add the ABS and Traction control as a port installed accessory?

Hopefully that made sense... I'm so very sleepy, but am impatient to figure these things out.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Port Installed Accessories'

this is just a guess

but from a factory some accessories are not installed so it goes to a port where it's installed

i read on a forum somewhere don't think it was here but directly from the factory the mazdaspeed protege doesn't have the spoiler installed so it goes to a *port* where the spoiler gets installed and from there to dealers..

:sarc

·
Registered
498 Posts
Reading Topic: Port Installed Accessories

Port accessories are add-ons that were not installed at the factory, but can be added on after the car arrives at its destination city. Such things include the cassette player, auto-dimming mirrors, sport grill, etc. Things like the Sport package, Bose audio, leather seats, and moonroof are things that are put in when the car is built, and are not port-installed options. Many port-installed options can also be dealer-installed options (but you usually pay more for those).

·
Registered
611 Posts

Originally posted by SDSilver6  Many port-installed options can also be dealer-installed options (but you usually pay more for those).[/b]
It is fairly cheap to have them done in port. When i was pricing with my dealer it was like $10 to have someone at port install the sports grill then it would be for me to order it off Mazdastuff and do it myself. That's before shipping also, so it could very well be even closer to the same.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by Ichi

this is just a guess

but from a factory some accessories are not installed so it goes to a port where it's installed

i read on a forum somewhere don't think it was here but directly from the factory the mazdaspeed protege doesn't have the spoiler installed so it goes to a *port* where the spoiler gets installed and from there to dealers..

:sarc[/b]
Same with the stereo and turbo :D

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Here's another example... Say for example that you order a '6 without the sports package.. but you *REALLY* like the spolier from the sports pacakge. You can order a car without the sports package and just get the spoiler added on. The spoiler would be added on at PORT and NOT at the factory.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks.

The dealer gave me a list of the package combos for the 6, and on that list are all of the port installed accessories. ABS and side air curtains are listed as possible port installed accessories... however from what you guys are saying this is *not* the case. I wouldn't be surprised if the list isn't accurate - the manager had his doubts as well.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Are the lower mounted fascia fog lights listed on that list? Does anyone have these foglights (NOT the ones that come integrated into the headlight assembly with the sports package) and if so, do you have photos?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I think you can look on-line like at mazdastuff.com or mazdaformance.com to see the stand alone fogs for the non-sport bumper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts