Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Gents, yesterday I had the pleasure of racing....I mean, getting in the way of a GT2. I was in the left lane on the MassPike coming out of Boston heading west. Light traffic around 11:00 am. Two cars ahead of me and out of no where, Gt2 up my ass. Once the two cars moved into the middle lane I floored it and got my sweet little 6 up to 120mph. The Gt was drafting me with ease, Once the middle lane had a large opening he shifted (maybe fourth gear) and passed me like I was standing on my brakes. All I can say is, HOLY SHIT !!!! Bu Buy , long gone and hard to find. Ahh to dream :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Porsche 911 GT2

When I see those headlights (sorry folks) I think Mercedes. What's the thrill? This is just a hotted up Volkswagen.

*ouch* *stop hitting me*

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Porsche 911 GT2'

Originally posted by Steve 6er

When I see those headlights (sorry folks) I think Mercedes. What's the thrill? This is just a hotted up Volkswagen.

*ouch* *stop hitting me*[/b]
Spank, Spank, Spank, Spank, Spank, Who's your father, Who's your father :p

·
Registered
350 Posts

I must say I don't like Porsche either.
Looked almost the same for 30 years now...

Look at the Cayenne. the VW is much better, better looking and almost half the price.

What's the thing with Porsche?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Originally posted by junkan

I must say I don't like Porsche either.
Looked almost the same for 30 years now...

Look at the Cayenne. the VW is much better, better looking and almost half the price.

What's the thing with Porsche?[/b]
Well you might not like the looks(IYO); but I have had the pleasure of driving a 930 turbo back in the early 90's. All I can say is, if you ever get a chance to drive one, you will never, never say VW and Porsche in the same sentence.

Not sure what the list on the VW Cayenne is.

I think the GT2 list's for 170,000

·
Registered
119 Posts

GT2 = over 300,000 Australian pesos, but I still want one... mortgage the house & sell the kids and i'll still be buckets short

·
Registered
212 Posts

Oh, come on people... it's one thing to not like Porsche, but comparing it to VW is ridiculous. OK, they did produce that rather hideous looking SUV together (the Porsche is ugly but the specs are awesome, while the VW is a clean design) but that doesn't mean that Porsche coupes are VW's. I'd take a 911 any day...it's one of the few exotics that's actually suitable for everyday driving.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Hey, read up on your history. It was Ferdinand Porsche who designed the beetle also. :)

Good to hear you agree it's ugly. I agree it's one hell of a ride, though... :D

·
Registered
350 Posts

Originally posted by meat6

Not sure what the list on the VW Cayenne is.  [/b]
It's Porsche Cayenne and VW Touareg I compare,
They are built on the same platform.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Originally posted by CzechMate

I swear,,,every time I see the Aston Martins, there's movement in my pants :D[/b]
ROFL.....For that kind of money it should be in my pants. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts