Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am a newbie and I have been searching through the archives, but I haven't found anything quite like my issue so I thought I would start a fresh thread.

I have a 07 Mazda 6s Grand Touring. Lately, I have been hearing a noise from the front suspension of the drivers side. I have a manual transmission and I really only hear it happen through about 3rd gear when there is less "stretch" on the suspension.

I did a little test by putting it in first gear and let out on the clutch so I was basically crawling along. I then hit the accelerator with a little bit of a punch and it definitely made the noise without my foot even on the clutch pedal. For this reason I don't think it is the clutch. So far it only does it from a stop and as I shift through third gear. I am not sure if it is a ball joint, not likely since the wheel doesn't move. I have yet to take it to a mechanic, but he usually takes it for a road test after each service and he has yet to say anything.

Any ideas would be awesome. I know enough about cars, but I am no expert so be easy on me! :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hello all,

I am a newbie and I have been searching through the archives, but I haven't found anything quite like my issue so I thought I would start a fresh thread.

I have a 07 Mazda 6s Grand Touring. Lately, I have been hearing a noise from the front suspension of the drivers side. I have a manual transmission and I really only hear it happen through about 3rd gear when there is less "stretch" on the suspension.

I did a little test by putting it in first gear and let out on the clutch so I was basically crawling along. I then hit the accelerator with a little bit of a punch and it definitely made the noise without my foot even on the clutch pedal. For this reason I don't think it is the clutch. So far it only does it from a stop and as I shift through third gear. I am not sure if it is a ball joint, not likely since the wheel doesn't move. I have yet to take it to a mechanic, but he usually takes it for a road test after each service and he has yet to say anything.

Any ideas would be awesome. I know enough about cars, but I am no expert so be easy on me! :D
It seems like its a control arm, either your upper or lower, ive had to replace both uppers and 1 lower, and the symptoms you described are what i had. OR... it could be your tranny mount. The best way to rule out the tranny mount is to have a helper, pull the e brake, keep your foot on the brake and shift from drive to reverse, giving it a little gas, repeat this while listing to the mount, if its bad you will hear it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice on the control arms. I have a manual transmission so the tranny mount test will be a little harder, but I will see what I can do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts