Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt know where to put this... so sorry if it is in the wrong spot...

I have had my M6i for about a year and a half and a little while after I bought it I could hear a popping noise that sounded it was comming from one of the back tires everytime I turned. I took it to the dealership and they worked on it for 7 hours and told me that they could definatly hear the noise but couldnt find anything and said that they have spent to much time working on it allready. Now I hear the noise everytime I brake and accelerate, not so much when I turn now. It is REALLY annoying, but I dont know what to do about it. Has anyone else had any problems like this?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Didnt know where to put this... so sorry if it is in the wrong spot...

I have had my M6i for about a year and a half and a little while after I bought it I could hear a popping noise that sounded it was comming from one of the back tires everytime I turned. I took it to the dealership and they worked on it for 7 hours and told me that they could definatly hear the noise but couldnt find anything and said that they have spent to much time working on it allready. Now I hear the noise everytime I brake and accelerate, not so much when I turn now. It is REALLY annoying, but I dont know what to do about it. Has anyone else had any problems like this?
[/b]
I had the same problem with an old car I had but my rotors needed to be replaced but I am sure if it was that they would know. Have you ran over anything. I also had the same problem on the same car down the road with my axels but only when I was turing. You would think that they would be able to find it. Either way if it does it when you accelerate or brake you need to take it in and make them fix the dam shit so nothing bad happens especially if it is under warranty. Tell them they better fix the dam shit now.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem with an old car I had but my rotors needed to be replaced but I am sure if it was that they would know. Have you ran over anything. I also had the same problem on the same car down the road with my axels but only when I was turing. You would think that they would be able to find it. Either way if it does it when you accelerate or brake you need to take it in and make them fix the dam shit so nothing bad happens especially if it is under warranty. Tell them they better fix the dam shit now.
[/b]

Unfortunatly its not under warranty anymore. We took it to a body shop and they fixed the only thing the dealership found wrong, which was a metal piece that bent backwards. That wasn't the problem though. The dealership said it wasn't hurting my car, but I dont know how much I can trust them... I REALLY don't like my dealership.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Unfortunatly its not under warranty anymore. We took it to a body shop and they fixed the only thing the dealership found wrong, which was a metal piece that bent backwards. That wasn't the problem though. The dealership said it wasn't hurting my car, but I dont know how much I can trust them... I REALLY don't like my dealership.
[/b]

Well since your not under warranty and apparently they do not know your car from a hole in the ground like my dealership do not go to them. I noticed when I had my older dodge that I was having problems with I decided to take it to a dodge dealership and they looked at it for about 5 hrs and did not have a dam clue what was going on. Check around for prices threw regular automotive shops. The dealerships auto shops just do not want to deal with the shit. I would have told them I am paying you for the shit find out what is wrong I do not want to hear that you do not want to waste no more time. But yah I think you would be better off going to a regular shop. Ask around for ones that is reputable. Especially one that is locally owned and been around for 25 years ++. They normally have alot of expierence and have saw all kinds of cars go in and out and had cars of their own that they worked on a lot. Only problem is with those places if you do not like what they say and you want it done a diffrent way they are gonna be upset and if you make it harder for them you will pay more. Believe me a pissed of mechanic or owner = more money out of your pocket.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well since your not under warranty and apparently they do not know your car from a hole in the ground like my dealership do not go to them. I noticed when I had my older dodge that I was having problems with I decided to take it to a dodge dealership and they looked at it for about 5 hrs and did not have a dam clue what was going on. Check around for prices threw regular automotive shops. The dealerships auto shops just do not want to deal with the shit. I would have told them I am paying you for the shit find out what is wrong I do not want to hear that you do not want to waste no more time. But yah I think you would be better off going to a regular shop. Ask around for ones that is reputable. Especially one that is locally owned and been around for 25 years ++. They normally have alot of expierence and have saw all kinds of cars go in and out and had cars of their own that they worked on a lot. Only problem is with those places if you do not like what they say and you want it done a diffrent way they are gonna be upset and if you make it harder for them you will pay more. Believe me a pissed of mechanic or owner = more money out of your pocket.
[/b]
Yeah, I guess I should start looking around... just another thing to add to my list, I'm sure you know how that is. Anyway, thanks for your input! :yesnod:

U

·
0 Posts
I have the same problem. I bought my Mazda 6 March 2005 and I started to notice the popping sound the first time I step on the brakes everytime I turn the engine on. This didn't start until a few months ago. I've been meaning to have them check it out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same problem. I bought my Mazda 6 March 2005 and I started to notice the popping sound the first time I step on the brakes everytime I turn the engine on. This didn't start until a few months ago. I've been meaning to have them check it out.
[/b]
When you get it looked at please tell me what they say!

·
Registered
127 Posts
sure! no problem. I will try to get them to look at it next week.
[/b]

Yeah post it here because my car just started doing that when I come to a stop the first thing in the morning when i turn on my car. Leaving my neighborhood I come to a stop before turning onto the main road and as I come to a stop, a loud popping or cracking sound is hurt from the front left wheel it seems. I'm taking it in this saturday

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
zoomfreakinzoom
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing