Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, basically I have the popping noise from front suspension and windshield washer light stays on ALL the time ... but the dealer refuses to fix it even after I showed them the US TSB ... they say its not covered under my MAP ... Is this true ??

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
US TSB is not applicable to all vehicles

what are the reasons for the popping sound and the windshied light staying on?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Popping sound...sounds like it could be the rubber suspension bearing. If it's worn you will hear a popping sound. This would be considered wear and tear.

Windsheild light...sounds like the fluid level sensor wire may have come loose...have you been digging down in that area of the car recently....maybe to check on a light...or for curiosity reasons? Try seeing if you can get your hand down there and just wigle the sensor cables to make sure it's still secure.

The likelihood of the sensor itself failing is slim...given that it works on a diode type system. If there is fluid around...electrical condctivity merits that a current can pass through the solution on either side of the diode...its an open circuit...once the fluid level drops below that the diode prevents a pass of current and the light turns on because of the closed circut connection...unless the diode has cracked that part of the system should be intact, and would be a wiring issue.

The fluid system works on a binary system....if open = 0 and closed = 1....as soon as system = 1...light comes on. Otherwise under "normal" condition system = 0 = no light

Am i making sence...or just rambling like usual?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the exact same problem as described in the US TSB .. I know it doesnt apply to us but why why can they get away with it and for us its "wear and tear" ?? .... Its a design flaw which is why they had the TSB in the first place ... all this crap about canadian models being different than US models is plain BS ... my dealer even told me that If you brought a US Mazda6 over it would just rust !!! LMAO !!!

about the light, yes you are making sense chris but I was pissed off to know that isnt covered under warranty either ... its doesnt mention that in the MAP terms ...

In all MAP is fucking useless .. somethings in a car are supposed to work and not break down in 3 yrs ... bloody POS mazda's or should i say Mazda dealers ...

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=58784 for another problem ... didnt wanna create a new thread here ...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Read it....yes you would...i have it on mine too.

The power steering is put under more strain when stationary which is why you will hear a swoosh sound. The sound is a combination of the power steerign pump working harder, and the rubber rotating on the pavement....it's more pronounced on cement even. Often in my car...when i dry steer that is (rarely)...i will hear a swoosh as well as the popping you are describing at the same time...why?

Because the suspension needs that rubber bearing as it moves slightly when steering. When dry steering..because of the extra load it may occasionally pop into place as it overcomes that friction co-efficent and pops into place. It's a sublte pop...more like a click click...but enough to be felt on the steering column.

Some advice if I will...always be moving slightly when yo need to steer....unless absolutely necessary to sry steer. Dry steering causes flat spots on the actual rubber surface of the tire. Eventually if you do it often enough...all the flat spots will result in a vibration when you are driving a highways sppeds ~120.

You will say...hey theres a TSB for a vibration in the steering when driving...and you will be correct, BUT it will be directly related to the wheels...in which case yo'd be on your own again. A dealer would find this out very quickly as it's the first thing they will check...the will pull the wheel off the car..check its balancing corrective weights, as well as look for any flat spots on the tire.

Corect that the cars are made in the same location, but it's a different governing body for the Mazda Corp in the States vrs Canada. Here we have MCI, there they have Mazda Corp. Our dealers need approval from MCI for any warranty work, and even then it;s up to an area rep to check out the issue. Everything falls into a certain protocol...unfortunately the protocol sucks when you know that a problem exists....an no a US car will not rust faster than ours....the northern states get the same snow we do....

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow thanks for the reply chris ... i kinda figured why the swoosh sound was happening ... but I never dry steer unless i have to ... the popping/clunking noise only happens at slow speeds while turning and exactly described in the TSB ... wish i was in the US ... lol ...

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had the same problem, printed the TSB, and got it done at the dealership under warranty. No more noise since. Try another dealership and press the issue, hopefully it will go well.

Under dry steer it makes perfect sense. However, slow movement shouldnt be a problem. I used to get it occasionally when in parking lots.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
speak to upper management

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok guys I talked to Mazda Canada and they are reviewing the situation ... hopefully I hear back from them soon ...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Good luck, Let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok got an email from MCI ... turns out that I forgot to transfer the MAP to my name doh !! do i need the last owners consent for this ??

- Washer fluid sensors and stuff covered
- starter motor covered
- suspension might be covered depending on component thats causing the popping noise

Well i am glad this has been sorted out, suspension pop isnt a big deal and doesnt affect me much neways ...

I guess all that ranting wasnt justified ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts