Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new here. I have an 03 6 that is right at 90k miles. Today while driving, when I pushed the clutch pedal in to shift it made a popping noise. Since then it does it every time I push the pedal in and release it. I got down and looked and it seems to be coming from that little rubber piston thing that goes into/out of the firewall when you push the clutch in or release it. Any ideas what it could be? A simple lubrication fix maybe?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a 'popping' sound when I clutch after a right turn. The noise sounds more like water bubble popping. That leaves me to think of flushing my hydraulics. Have not done it yet. I am waiting to replace the pads as well. Could this be your problem too? Air in your brake system? Don't know how you would check that out unless you bleed the brakes and hydraulic system. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 'popping' sound when I clutch after a right turn. The noise sounds more like water bubble popping. That leaves me to think of flushing my hydraulics. Have not done it yet. I am waiting to replace the pads as well. Could this be your problem too? Air in your brake system? Don't know how you would check that out unless you bleed the brakes and hydraulic system. Good luck.[/b]

Mine doesn't sound like water bubbling, and does it every time I let the clutch in and out. It almost sounds like that little rubber piece that goes into the firewall is snagging on something. Think I should try a silicone spray lube or something around that little bushing? The cars driveability is fine, clutch grabs fine etc so it doesn't seem like something is badly mechanically wrong, but who knows? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sounds like you got a good idea, lube that rubber and see what happens. Let us know if the noise continues, that fix would be a lot easier than bleeding your brakes! If yours work, maybe I should do that before I attempt something so messy. Keep me posted. :yesnod:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
virtual
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing