Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in the never-ending quest to learn more and more about this car, and one day buy one. I've been trying to figure out whether a turbo or a supercharger is more ideal for this car. I would learn toward the fact that it's a V6 the supercharger to boost low-end power with the "torquey" 6-cyl.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I can only hope a mod sees this before the melee begins. LOTS AND LOTS of discussions on this. Just do a search, or if you can't get it to work right, just browse through 3.0l engine pages.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
CP-E plans on doing a supercharger next year for the v6. The only was to take full advantage of this is to get an LSD in that tranny. CP-E offers a complete tranny upgrade for this possible outcome.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Originally posted by atom44wat@Nov 10 2005, 07:28 PM
CP-E plans on doing a supercharger next year for the v6.  The only was to take full advantage of this is to get an LSD in that tranny.  CP-E offers a complete tranny upgrade for this possible outcome.
[snapback]554986[/snapback]​
Yeah, for lazy people with only two pedals.

It's not fair. You ATX owners should be punished, not rewarded.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Originally posted by JettaJet@Nov 10 2005, 07:47 PM
Yeah, for lazy people with only two pedals.

It's not fair.  You ATX owners should be punished, not rewarded.
[snapback]554999[/snapback]​
Muahahaha!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
yeah. screw atx lamers. honestly. we need an lsd or a tranny swap for the mtx owners if a supercharger kit or 2 will be around for the 6.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
If getting screwed is what it takes to get this stuff on my 6 im there. As long as I am doing the screwing. The supercharger is planned to be a roots style supercharger

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Originally posted by arch4life@Nov 10 2005, 09:19 PM
yeah. screw atx lamers. honestly. we need an lsd or a tranny swap for the mtx owners if a supercharger kit or 2 will be around for the 6.
[snapback]555050[/snapback]​
So do it. The MTX-75 5-spd bolts right up to the 3.0L Duratec. The MTX-75 was used on the Contour/Cougar platform and still is on the Focus platform. So many performance clutches available for it, as well as LSD options.

Ya'll call us ATX'ers lazy.. :D

Here.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Well, you're lazy when it comes to driving your car. You just want to sit there and mash a pedal. Anyone can do that.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Originally posted by JettaJet@Nov 10 2005, 10:35 PM
Well, you're lazy when it comes to driving your car.  You just want to sit there and mash a pedal.  Anyone can do that.
[snapback]555110[/snapback]​
And a trained monkey can learn to push a pedal in before moving the stick and then releasing it.

The fastest cars in the world and what do they have? Automatics..

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
oh stop it. this is no mclaren or ferrari or bmw paddleshift system.

the atx in the 6 has a higher drivetrain loss, it cant shift as fast (even with most of cpe's kits).

mtx's are still worth it for the time being. ( 5-10 years)

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Originally posted by 84FordMan@Nov 10 2005, 10:56 PM
So do it. The MTX-75 5-spd bolts right up to the 3.0L Duratec. The MTX-75 was used on the Contour/Cougar platform and still is on the Focus platform. So many performance clutches available for it, as well as LSD options.

Ya'll call us ATX'ers lazy..  :D

Here.
[snapback]555091[/snapback]​
And I have one of those MTX75's in the garage, equiped with a Torsen LSD, Fidanza Flywheel, and a SPEC III clutch..... too bad it'll never see the 6, it was for my 3.0L cougar before I sold it...

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Originally posted by 84FordMan@Nov 10 2005, 10:42 PM
And a trained monkey can learn to push a pedal in before moving the stick and then releasing it.

The fastest cars in the world and what do they have? Automatics..
[snapback]555120[/snapback]​
A trained monkey can do pretty much anything. Look at me. However, they can't always be trained to do something well. Properly operating a manual transmission to get the best performance from it requires a lot of practice and skill. It's kind of difficult to be "bad" at mashing a single pedal.

The world's fastest cars might be automatics, but between the ATX and MTX Mazda 6, the MTX wins. I think that no matter how fast you make an automatic, you're still sacrificing control of the vehicle. I would much rather tell it what gear to be in than have it tell me. The manumatic stick crap isn't a good enough substitute.

Besides, operating the transmission really connects a person with the whole driving experience. It certainly keeps me more focused on the road and more aware of what my car is doing and what I'm doing with my car. When I drive my X-Type, I just kind of forget what's going on. I don't pay nearly as much attention. Which is why I avoid it when I can and why my wife is the primary driver.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
is this an FI thread or another atx vs. mtx thread?

lets try to stay on topic guys

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
so what your saying is monkeys are going to take over the manufacturing market? OH NO!!!! im selling my stocks right now!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
geez.....we all have sixs? so wtf man??? us atx guys suffer enough with losing 20whp compared to the mtx. but whatever i drive 65 miles to and from work daily, in stop and go traffic. so i was thinking of my ankles when i bought mine.

but whatever that was not the point of this thread!!!! its about fi....

and my .02 the super chagrer setup will be a far easier upgrade, and much easier to install, and not have the lag associated with a turbo. so, no need for a speed 6 now, i will create my own super charged ATX monster. :D :D :drool: :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
14 Participants
MrTea
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing