Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking to get my stock 17" polished.....I think it should look quite nice than std. Has anyone done it or know how to DIY....? cos metal polisher quoted me about AUD$80-$120 (US$50-$70) per wheel....kinda dear isn't? Any suggestions are welcome!!:zzz

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Polished Stock 17

Actually sounds like a good deal to me. By the time you would buy all the materials necessary and the amount of work need to acheive a quality finish, so will you. To polish a set of rims by hand could take weeks. Prices here in the US normally run about $100 per wheel. Does that price include any type of clear finish for protection?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Originally posted by LBJay

Actually sounds like a good deal to me. By the time you would buy all the materials necessary and the amount of work need to acheive a quality finish, so will you. To polish a set of rims by hand could take weeks. Prices here in the US normally run about $100 per wheel. Does that price include any type of clear finish for protection?[/b]
I agree....DIY polished wheel don't seem to be that easy...even the professional needs few days to do one....so i will get my wheels done by them. It's a complicated process, I will need to get the tyre and rim seprated and then take it to the polisher and after it's done...get the tyre shop fitted and balanced again....and in my case...i have to do one rim at the time...start with the spare and then swap with others on the car...then over again.....wow...take weeks!!

the AUD$80 they quoted today...for that price I will need to stripped the paint of the rim myself....otherwise they will charge $120 a piece....but I also got another polisher quoted me $25 to do one...but not sure about the quality....:(

so after polishing...how do i keep it shines all the time?...or is it better to get it clear coated? any other way to protect it?

thanks!

:p :p :p

·
Registered
6 Posts

Can some one give prices in Europe for Mazda stock 17" Rims.

In Portugal I've been told its 350Euros x 4

I think it very expensive, so can you please confirm prices in Europe.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts