Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I am getting a puppy. The new puppy is a pure breed pit-bull. Many different people have their assumptions about this breed and many are misled. If the dog is raised in a stable environment and is not trained to fight they make some of the best and loyal dogs ever. Pit Bulls are one of the most stable people-friendly dogs in existence. The National Canine Temperament Testing Association tested 122 breeds, and Pit Bulls placed the 4th highest with a 95% passing rate! This means that the pit-bull has a higher tolerance rate over the other 119 other breeds. On Monday, May 9, 2005, the Denver Division of Animal Control began enforcing a city-wide ban on owning pit bulls, and initiated an aggressive campaign of seizing beloved family pets, and killing them against their owners will. This ordinance is an indiscriminant ban that demands the eradication and disposal of ALL dogs that are classified as pit bulls or pit bull mixes, even if the dog has never done anything wrong, and consistently remains confined to the owners property. From May 9th 2005 to April 7th 2006 Denver has seized 1,260 and has killed 1,072 of them. The remainder were luckily saved due to owners having the money to fight in court and people from outside Denver adopting. ******You can act against this genocide please visit*************** http://www.petitiononline.com/savepits/ and please remember to leave your last name! The puppy you might be saving might be mine.

P.S. This is what she is supposed to closely resemble

·
Registered
845 Posts
This is totally the wrong way to approach the problem. They want to eliminate the breed without going after the source first, its plain laziness and lack of intelligence and enforcement. This shit would never fly here in California not for one hot minute, this is a Hitler type action. Why not do some smart investigating and police work to put these dog fighters behind bars? Why do these animals have to pay the ultimate price of euthanasia because of a bunch of idiots and the dumb ass law enforcement that can’t arrest them?

·
Registered
845 Posts
We live in the greatest country in Gods green earth yet some times I wonder. Ill do what ever it takes to get more people to sign. I just called my bro in law from Denver to sign up.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much for your enthusiasm, hopefully if enough people sign this we can get them to take back that B.S. law. Very unfair to kill a family pet because of a few individuals who use the breed for a very wrong reason. Please, if you have the time get this out to all of your family/friends do so.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Get the puppy in some puppy classes for obedience. Have him go thru AKC Canine Good Citizen events. I have German Shepherds and my homeowners insurance was going to skyrocket because I own and brred. My dogs are lallowed in Nursing homes, hospital etc. This program allows other people to handle your trained dogs and prove that he is well trained, socialized and an obedient animal.

These dogs get a bad rap, there is never a bad breed, just bad owners!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Doggie genocide? That's just wrong. Although I don't know much about pit bulls except from what I've read in the news (and yes unfortunately it's usually bad news), I agree it's definitely the wrong way to approach.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't personally own a pit, but my next door neighbor does. I have a 3 yr old son who plays with her all the time. She is one of the most obedient dogs I've known. A dog will be aggresive if raised in an agressive environment. Pitts, Rotts, Doberman, Akita: All know as aggresive breeds, but when raised in the right environment, are some of the best, most loyal dogs.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
IMO Great Danes and Rotweilers are much much much scarier than pitbulls. you can completely own a pitbull if it attacks you, unless your a defenseless child. those others you cant.

the government is retarded over there, ill sign it

its kinda like saying

lets go kill all people who smoke because cigarettes are bad.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Signed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thats fucked up. I really don't care for Pits ever since one bit me about 10 years ago. lol. But regardless to take these dogs from the owners and kill them is fucked. I signed the petition and will pass the word. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Signed

·
Registered
742 Posts
My aunt had 2 pit bulls. Both of them were good dogs. No real issues with either of them attacking people or anything like they claim happens.

No offense but has there ever been any proof that these "ON LINE PETITIONS" did anything? I mean is it even considered an acceptable form of a petition? I always see these things but never hear of them actually accomplishing their goals.

But I'll "sign" it...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Signed. Hard to believe the stupidity of this.

As to the practicality of an online petition, who knows. It could be entered as evidence in a court case to save a dog. It could be printed out, bound, and mailed to every council member in Denver. It's a funny time when a democracy gets to the point when the "voice of the people" doesn't mean squat against the stupidity of elected officials.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Signed.

I agree that when someone wants to make a stink about something and they have the pull they can go a long way with it.
When my wife and I were getting quotes for homeowners insurance, one company said that my Husky Shepherd mix was classified as an aggresive dog so they bumped up their rate on the quote. I don't think it
After that we just said that our dogs were mutts, just to avoid the issue again.

I mean afterall... is this a face that looks like it could do some harm?

[attachmentid=11878]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
About this Discussion
74 Replies
51 Participants
Travis72
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing