Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so i'm a little electrically retarded when it comes to wiring. I want to use the area (picture below) with 5 rocker switches, and then hook them up to some small LED lights to go be an accent for the interior. Could someone tell me how to hook up these rocker switches to gain power/lighting to them in kindergarten level haha. Should I be hooking up through the main battery, or tapping into pre-existing wiring? Maybe a quick diagram if possible? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, what is a relay and will a need one (or more)?

man, i just keep coming up with questions... I was thinking that there should be a way to put a fuse in place and hook that up to the wiring, correct?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Hook up to the battery, or what most people would probebly do is go to the fusebox down there, and tap into some switched source down there.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
IF more than few LED lights are lighted up in your intention, then a seperate power source from the fusebox ( or source that you can hook up some thick gauge wire ) is recommended.

A relay is a device which indirectly turn on with a remote rocker switch like you have there, this in turn will turn on your high current appliance via the relay for added safety.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Hate to say it, if you don't know what a relay is maybe you shouldn't be doing anything electrical related. Relays are about as basic as you should be able to understand....

But google 'relay' on the web, there's a tone of info. For little ole led's you won't need a relay.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hate to say it, if you don't know what a relay is maybe you shouldn't be doing anything electrical related. Relays are about as basic as you should be able to understand....

But google 'relay' on the web, there's a tone of info. For little ole led's you won't need a relay.
[/b]
i warned you i was electrically challenged... i had an idea of what a relay was, but didn't know if one was needed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts