Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Digital camera Automotive lighting Point-and-shoot camera Camera lens Gadget
Anyone know where I can buy a replacement for this part I highlighted in yellow? I’ve looked everywhere but I’ve only seen stickers to go over the actual part itself sold by Amazon. I knocked over my air freshener and it leaked all over the plastic and the sun melted it and it cracked. It’s just the frame/trim piece that goes around the center console. It’s for a 2016 Mazda 6 Sport.

·
Administrator
18,565 Posts
So far as I know (and so far as I can see), that's not an individually-serviceable part. It is attached to the commander knob directly.

It's item 13 on this page: 2016 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Sedan 2.5L SKYACTIV SULEV CENTER CONSOLE.

And as you can see, there's no part number for the top piece alone. There's a part number for the surrounding console, which is part 8 on that page, which leads you to here: 2016 Mazda 6 Control switch. SWITCH COMMAND. Upper panel. W/command switch. W/elec park - GMJ666CM0B | Jim Ellis Mazda Parts, Marietta GA

But again, nothing individual for that plastic.

That being said - take a look at this thread to see if maybe you can salvage one from a junk yard, since this guy was able to fully pull the commander knob (for a slightly older version of yours) apart and re-assemble it. DIY: Taking apart the command switch in center console

@Trollz3457 is a Mazda tech, so maybe he can confirm for us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts