Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the letter today saying that my car needs to go get the reflash done... i ahve not noticed any problems wiht my car or anthing but ... should i get the reflash done? i have read up on the complaints about the reflash and icant deceiced so any help i would greatly apprciated ...
thanks

*flame on * :-/!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
i got the letter today saying that my car needs to go get the reflash done... i ahve not noticed any problems wiht my car or anthing but ... should i get the reflash done? i have read up on the complaints about the reflash and icant deceiced so any help i would greatly apprciated ...
thanks
[/b]
DON'T DO IT!!!!
That letter is Dr. Death to you MazdaSpeed 6 :nopity: ....run Forest, run!!
I didn't do and I recommend you don't do it either :nono:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Do what you want to do, if you see people bellyaching about their car after reflash and you don't want that to happen to you, then don't.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i dont wanna regret something ....cuz i love this car sooo much now i dont want this reflash to kill my buzz
any other thoughts?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I'm in teh same position as you.

Taking my car in soon for the rear dif mount/bracket and axle issue.

Not sure if I want the latest reflash or not.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I got mine done and haven't looked back. But that's because I was experiencing powerloss all-day, everyday. If you don't have a problem then I wouldn't bother getting it done, unless you are required to for warranty purposes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
thanks
[/b]
I swear it says 'voluntary recall' does it not?

Anyway, mine is staying stock....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I got mine done today I noticed a little difference but it wasnt bad. Maybe after a little more driving I will have better info

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you're not having problems, why let them do it? It only helps one of the problems some of us were having and does change the character of the car slightly.

·
Registered
788 Posts
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it..."

·
Registered
437 Posts
ThreadJack**

What is the rear dif mount/bracket and axle issue? Are you getting vibrations?

I'm in teh same position as you.

Taking my car in soon for the rear dif mount/bracket and axle issue.

Not sure if I want the latest reflash or not.
[/b]

·
Registered
979 Posts
I had it done 2 weeks ago and all is fine. Better even

·
Registered
940 Posts
But not everyone will tell you they are happy with the reflash, but a few people shout us down and tell us we must be delusional or something. I am not happy with mine. Mileage has decreased, it does not have that same raw feeling it used to and it is now misfiring randomly (of course it won't do it on command so they will not do anything).

·
Registered
651 Posts
But not everyone will tell you they are happy with the reflash, but a few people shout us down and tell us we must be delusional or something. I am not happy with mine. Mileage has decreased, it does not have that same raw feeling it used to and it is now misfiring randomly (of course it won't do it on command so they will not do anything).
[/b]
+1

Preferred my preflashed car, oh well too late now. Mine misfires randomly as well, as discussed in another thread.

·
Registered
176 Posts
thanks
[/b]
I didn't like the reflash for the first few days, and it still doesn't have that snappy torque at about 2500 rpm. However, after I became accustomed to it, I like the smooth acceleration better. My shift points are more predictable and it is certainly easier to manage with the throttle when in twisties. Maybe that is why I like it better; I feel it puts me in better control of the car.
:seeya:

·
Registered
123 Posts
i didnt get mine done ether and i don't think i will. i did experience my first power loss last week @5500miles holly shit what a pig. i was kicking the shit out the car tho boost drooped down to 5 psi full throttle i was like wow. i shut the car off driving over the bridge and started it right back up and it came write back yahoo back on the throttle. i do get the miss fire tho yes it sux.the funny thing is when i hit a bump it bogs or misses and comes back hard again this is the only thing i hate about this car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts