Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
App for OBD2 diagnostics

Originally this post was about Torque (a couple of weeks ago) but I found a new app.
I was looking for something that could give me more data, Mode 6, info the ABS, etc. I found Forscan which was written only for Ford and Mazda, and it works really well. I found at code in the SSU that I didnt know about and wasnt important enough to throw a check engine light apparently. It also does graphing, and lets you initiate self tests. FYI for anyone that wants to diagnose their own car using a 5 dollar app and not have to purchase a 10k scan tool from snap-on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here are several screenshots from today. I also found that I had a few misfire counts from cyl 1 during a short drive.
(I dont know why mazda6club shrank the screenshots down so small)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Torque is quite nice. Get the OBDLink MX for the interface; it has access to the med-speed CANBus in our cars which means with the correct software (but not Torque) you can use it for much more than the cheap ELM adapters, and in addition it's much faster. There's another piece of code that I have on my laptop that will get into almost everything diag-related (unfortunately I've not yet found something that can do customization changes and such -- there probably is one that the Russians have managed to hack up but I've yet to find it) and it's well worth it to have the additional access and stability over the $20 ELM-style adapters.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said, I have no idea why the screenshots came out so small. I attached them at a good size, but the website kept shrinking them down to bare nothing.
The bluetooth adaptor I got from amazon, and is connecting to a samsung S8. The adaptor is titled:
BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader / Scanner for Android Devices

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry to revive and old thread, but +1 on FORScan Lite!

I discovered this tool while searching for a way to get the PSI value from each TPMS sensor. It seems that FORScan can get that. And much more.

I bought Torque Pro a long time ago, but FORScan seems to have access to way more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
dcoulombe
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing