Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was out driving last night with some friends and i saw an 06 sti in front of me entering the higway i was. so we got onto the highway and he seems to accel a good bit. i hit the gas and at first we were just next to eachother, then i startig to pull a VERY little bit. i slowed down and he just kept going when i hit 90. then he started wieving and cutting people off like he was pissed or something. maybe it was in my mind.

my question is. im not at all saying i pulled or didnt get pulled from or by and sti. what i want to know is if he was toying with me. would a ms6 keep up with a sti at highway speeds 45-100. or would it get its arse handed to it.??

its just a question cause i havent got to toy around with alot of cars yet. all i know is i was toying wth my friends saab 900 turbo lastnight. he and i had the same car til i purchased the ms6. we would always be side by side in the saabs. well last night i pulled wicked hard on him in every gear at every speed, a dig, a roll it didnt matter. i know when i had my saab i would stay side by side with 350z's and cars like that. so back to the main question at hand.

did i actually keep up with an sti or did he play with my mind? any body with experience in this would help.. and guys im not talking about race from a dig, so please dont say oh an sti pulls low 13's in the 1/4. i want to know about trap speed if thats brought up. and i know they only trap like 99-102 mph usually. let me know..

sorry for the novel.. being bored at work has its disadvantages.

·
Registered
396 Posts
In my experience the STi is slightly faster than the MS6 provided the STi is stock...I have played around with M3's and STi's on a few occasions and not been embarrassed in the least. Does this mean the MS6 is just as fast or could put down comparable times at the track? No...But it certainly can keep up on the street.

·
Registered
364 Posts
you're an idiot to "play around with an sti" on public roads

that said

my TBE and tuned STi put down 28X hp and 300 ft lbs of tq to the wheels...this will easily be attainable w/ TBE and tuning on our cars.

That said, the weight of our cars is what will hold us back.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmmmmm.... Possible with a stock one. What do stock MS6's trap at? That's a good indication of what would happen from a roll.

·
Registered
210 Posts
At 3500+ft I trapped at 90pmh. Some have said thats low. On the same track same night an 06 WRX non Sti with Cobb stage 2 tunning and a Down Pippe and catless exhaust trapped 94mph

·
Registered
870 Posts
The top trap speed I've seen is 98mph on a stock speed6.

Edit: I've actually hit 99mph on a 13.960 run but I've got a CAI.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hmmmmm.... Possible with a stock one. What do stock MS6's trap at? That's a good indication of what would happen from a roll.
[/b]

I trap at 97-99...but I am not stock.
Oh...and before we start casting stones...I was speaking of a friend of mine who has an Sti and we were on a service road that was closed to the public. M3 was off an exit ramp late at night and I let him go once we hit 75-80...at that point he had pulled about 1 car or so.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
right...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you're an idiot to "play around with an sti" on public roads

that said

[/b]

granted i probobly should have mentioned it was 2 am and NO one was on the road other than me the sti and my 2 friends. it was empty for miles.. may not make it right, or any less stupid. but atleast if something did happen it wouldnt involve "innocent bistanders". anybody who lives on long island, and knows ocean parkway on the south shore can say they know what i mean.

i really only posted to find out if the guy was like flat out not racing. or if there was a possiblity that he really was on it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lot of drag on an STI. I would believe that at high speed it would be pretty even. I pulled away from a STI once, slightly, but you never know what they are really doing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would believe that you were actually pulling in the STi and he wasn't playing with you. STi's and WRX's have an absolute terror at low speeds, but have issues in the higher speeds. That is why anyone with smarts will always race either one of these from a atleast a 35 mph roll.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
LOL I Pulled on a Sti, I'm the King of the Highway!!!!....idiot

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Streetracing FTL! :chairshot: :lock:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.