Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I can tell in the pic there are 5 "hooks" total holding the sill down. I can get the top two off esily, but the bottom 3 are really a PITA. I tried pulling pretty hard and they wouldn't budge. I was going to keep pulling but decided against it because i didn't want to break them. Instead, I wanted to ask if anyone knew the proper way to remove them?

I know i know, noob quesiton!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just tried to get my hands under the door sil as close as I could to the tab that was locking it in place and applied some good old muscle to it. Just be careful the pressure is being applied to the tab and not to the sill (bending it). It was a PITA to get off, but I dont think there is any other way other than pulling up on it where the tabs are.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just tried to get my hands under the door sil as close as I could to the tab that was locking it in place and applied some good old muscle to it. Just be careful the pressure is being applied to the tab and not to the sill (bending it). It was a PITA to get off, but I dont think there is any other way other than pulling up on it where the tabs are.
[/b]
I guess good ol' muscle work is the answer, I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Thnx.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
It's a combination of hooks, tabs and pins, and you have to undo them in a certain order to prevent breaking/damaging the hooks and tabs. My experience is with the MS6 sills, but they should be the same as the regular 6.

If I remember right, start with the forward end of the plastic door sill assembly (towards front of car). Pull away the forward inside lip (the inside edge that's against the carpet) . This should disengage the small hook that curls underneath the metal flange of the body. This will allow you to start pulling up the forward end of the sill. As you pull up you will feel resistance. This is caused by the metal spring pins/clips that fit into the holes in the door sill. Once you get to this point, pull hard to disenage the pins/clips. There should be two, and the second will pop out as you pull the plastic sill up higher.

You should find that the plastic sill will still not come out. It's held at the back by a fairly long plastic pin and hook (both molded into the plastic sill). Get your finger under the inside edge (similar to the front) and pull the corner away towards the inside of the car. This will disengage the hook and allow you to pull the back up, clearing the plastic pin out of it's hole. The sill should now be complete free of the car.

Installation is in reverse order. Engage the rear pin and hook, then line up the metal pins/clips. pound them down firmly into the holes, seat the front of the sill and make sure the hook engages on the inside edge.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey where did you guys tap into the wires that lead to the fuse box? I can tap into the one that goes into the switch for the Chrome Light up Mazda 6 Sills. I just don't know which wire I should tap into ...that leads to the fuse box as I'm told that's the one I need to tap the other wire into. If anyone has pictures, that'd help alot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts