Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am trying to plan ahead here so I need some tips. I am planning on getting the Viper security system and I am planning on retrofitting some HIDs in the future. I intended to get the viper security/remote start right after christmas and really cant wait for it. But I was wondering, if it would be a better idea to install the lights first or the security system. Do they connect to each other by any chance? Because i'm afraid that i'll have the viper installed and when i try to retrofit the HIDs i'll mess up the wiring and or something and my viper won't work. Or would it be fine to install the viper first which is what i want? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dont see why a security system and headlights would be interconnected... maybe im wrong on that, but im pretty sure they dont interact with one another.

Plain and simple... if your car is stolen, how are you going to install HIDs anyways? I would say security first, but maybe thats just me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k thanks, I was just wondering because i remember reading something about someone getting a security system isntalled and they were saying something about HIDs but i guess i mayb read it wrong :/. Anyways, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have the viper 791 and HID's.. It doesn't flash the headlights. Just the parking lights..........

I would go with the Viper system first.. Security is always the best first option.. Better safe then sorry.. Get security and then go from there on mods.... Also. If you have an auto. you will get alot more use in the winter out of the autostart then you would the HID's. ocnsidering you already have headlights for the time being....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts